• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'd give'm more time. Many smallish companies, especially AR companies are always backed up with volumes of work and generally tend to operate short staffed. I'd geve them a week to get back. You do what you think is right. I'm only saying what I would do. For what it's worth.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    They did pay for return shipping. It just seemed like they didn't want to take it back. I emailed the customer service representative asking to be kept in the loop when they receive it and what is the problem. I emailed her around 11 and still haven't heard anything back. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow I'm gonna start looking for a number to their corporate office.

Man, you have crazy expectations of what to expect as far as customer service.

Here is what is going to happen. They are going to get the package. Take a min or two and look at the issue. If there is anything not simple, it will go into a bin and they ship you out a new one. They don't have time to keep you in the loop with emails about exactly what is wrong. Expecting a reply the same day is just not going to happen. Its likely the next thing you will hear is an email from UPS or something like that saying you have a shipment coming. When you get it, it will have a short note, like "defective part, replaced" and thats it. They are going to make it right, not give you a play by play of how things are going. It might take 1-2 weeks. Trust me, your issue is not the first or even close to the worst. Just relax and let things play out.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Man, you have crazy expectations of what to expect as far as customer service.

Here is what is going to happen. They are going to get the package. Take a min or two and look at the issue. If there is anything not simple, it will go into a bin and they ship you out a new one. They don't have time to keep you in the loop with emails about exactly what is wrong. Expecting a reply the same day is just not going to happen. Its likely the next thing you will hear is an email from UPS or something like that saying you have a shipment coming. When you get it, it will have a short note, like "defective part, replaced" and thats it. They are going to make it right, not give you a play by play of how things are going. It might take 1-2 weeks. Trust me, your issue is not the first or even close to the worst. Just relax and let things play out.

I think that is what we have tried to tell him this entire time.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I don't see what the point is to talk down to someone after they take someone's advice. I posted that it totally makes sense and I would be waiting patiently. But of course no one sees that post.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I don't see what the point is to talk down to someone after they take someone's advice. I posted that it totally makes sense and I would be waiting patiently. But of course no one sees that post.

I saw your post, where you were going to take somebody's advice. I was responding to the guy that posted above my previous post.

Don't take it personally, but be patient with gun companies. They will make it right. On the other side of it, you need to realize that they won't give you play-by-play updates on your upper/rifle/lower. Logistically they can't do that, because the techs would take more time sending email updates, instead of working on the guns. You are dealing with a company that is on the West Coast, so it will take some time for them to get it in, and then have a tech take a look at it.

Be chill, bro. Aero will make it right, if you give them some time to do what they are supposed to do.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Hopefully this is the final update- upper arrived at in Washington Monday morning at 9am. I assumed I wouldn't hear anything Monday at all maybe Wednesday at the earliest. So today I checked my email when I woke up like I do every morning and still nothing. So I emailed the original customer service representative and asked what the progress was with my upper. She emailed back and apologized saying my package was misplaced and the tech would be in touch with me at some point during the day. Five o'clock came and I still didn't hear from them so I was just going to wait till the next day to see if I got any more emails. Customer service rep emailed once again asking if I had spoke to someone I replied with a no. 20 mins later the tech emailed me saying they will be sending out a new upper. I asked what was wrong with the other one he replied saying that the ejection port was out of spec. He said the shipping would be 3 day expedited and I would have it Monday.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    You don't get around MDS much, eh? 4 pages is child's play, even for this topic :lol2:

Yeah,I typically glance at the depot for deals and then check the classifieds and IP section for more deals. This thread is typical of a lot of internet though which is why only glance. I only read it because I hate Aero for their price gouging/ shady practices after Sandy Hook. Meanwhile this was just another person with unreal expectations of how the world goes.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    . Meanwhile this was just another person with unreal expectations of how the world goes.

Tbh I don't think I had unreal expectations. I paid for a product. It was sent out defective which CC should have noticed before it was sent out. I got the run around with their tech. Finally a week or so later I got my new upper.

I only asked them to tell me what the problem with the other upper was so I could make sure I wasn't going crazy or doing something wrong.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Tbh I don't think I had unreal expectations. I paid for a product. It was sent out defective which CC should have noticed before it was sent out. I got the run around with their tech. Finally a week or so later I got my new upper. I only asked them to tell me what the problem with the other upper was so I could make sure I wasn't going crazy or doing something wrong.

You know what the problem was. The upper was OOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom