• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I wish you guys would go back and read the tone of your responses.

... you're posting like a bunch of whiny little bitches.

Understood.

Reminds me of a t-shirt. :)

B1r0Uj4.jpg

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Idk anything about how these kinds of sites work.

What I do know is that over the years, when different message forums that I have participated with (mostly car related)have been updated, everything happened seamlessly overnight. If it takes time here, so be it. It is definitely strange for most of us though.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Idk anything about how these kinds of sites work.

What I do know is that over the years, when different message forums that I have participated with (mostly car related)have been updated, everything happened seamlessly overnight. If it takes time here, so be it. It is definitely strange for most of us though.

Because they were being updated on an ongoing basis and not left several generations behind that had to be updated in one fell swoop.

Next time, we'll just take the whole thing offline so we don't have to listen to the pissing and moaning on an ongoing basis while adjustments are made.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    PM Issue.
    I just sent a PM to a user and I noticed that on the screen, where you type the title for you PM, it is only about 3 characters wide. It allowed me to type my entire title, it just scrolled off that area.

As a matter of fact, that window is so small I didn't see it until I tried to send the PM and it said I needed to add a title.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    MASSIVE emojicons and signature pics on laptop Firefox. They're the size of the whole screen.

weird....not seeing anything out of the ordinary there from this end.

Can you try another browser and see if it continues?

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    PM Issue.
    I just sent a PM to a user and I noticed that on the screen, where you type the title for you PM, it is only about 3 characters wide. It allowed me to type my entire title, it just scrolled off that area.

As a matter of fact, that window is so small I didn't see it until I tried to send the PM and it said I needed to add a title.

Not seeing any issue on this one either. Browser and platform?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Not seeing any issue on this one either. Browser and platform?

Windows 7 and IE 11.

I've gone back and used the PM page for numerous users and each time the Title field is only 3 characters long. I will reboot and if things change I will let you know.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Also, not sure if this has already been reported, but usernames and avatars appear on the right side of the screen on the phone when viewed in portrait mode. In landscape, they shift back to the left side.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Windows 7 and IE 11.

I've gone back and used the PM page for numerous users and each time the Title field is only 3 characters long. I will reboot and if things change I will let you know.

Good. Thanks. If you have another browser, can you try that too? That helps to narrow down the potential issues as to whether it is systemic or user specific.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Good. Thanks. If you have another browser, can you try that too? That helps to narrow down the potential issues as to whether it is systemic or user specific.

I'm sorry, but I don't use any other browser. However here's a screen capture.

I hope this helps.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Understood.

Reminds me of a t-shirt. :)

B1r0Uj4.jpg
    Lol, love the shirt (and the old fashioned, bathroom mirror selfie).

And Tapatalk (latest Android version) is still ok, with a new feature in fact that seems useful (the blue button in thread view on the lower right that appears and can be used for search, etc).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Upgrades are always fun. Doing it on a rainy Friday evening might not have been ideal but...

Overall on Chrome it looks pretty good. Spacing on the forum thread listing requires more scrolling than is comfortable and some of the text fonts are thinner than idea, thus harder to read than before.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Upgrades are always fun. Doing it on a rainy Friday evening might not have been ideal but...

Overall on Chrome it looks pretty good. Spacing on the forum thread listing requires more scrolling than is comfortable and some of the text fonts are thinner than idea, thus harder to read than before.

The height of the rows between threads seems to be related to one of the columns being too narrow to allow everything to be displayed on the correct lines, which means it forces extra lines in each row.

Should be addressed soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom