• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Also, on Google Maps, it looks like Main Street dead ends into a roundabout. I'm not an expert as regards Annapolis either, but I wanted to give a heads up to those who might be expecting a street corner of some sort.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Thanks, Boxcab. You've really done a great job with this!

Does anyone know a good place to park near the city dock? I'd prefer close to cheap since my truck will be loaded with stuff.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Also, on Google Maps, it looks like Main Street dead ends into a roundabout. I'm not an expert as regards Annapolis either, but I wanted to give a heads up to those who might be expecting a street corner of some sort.

Yeah, the circle/roundabout is there. :o I plan on being between the roundabout and "Ego Alley" (The narrow strip of water that runs up to the circle). There are some benches and steps in the area. I will take advantage of the seating as my back has been a problem the last few days.

As to parking.... there are some garages up around the court house and metered street parking. If someone knows the Stadium parking/bus schedule for Saturday, please chime in.

-Boxcab

andyman

Former Senior Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    pg county
    Boxcab, There is a garage about halfway up main street. And there is parking down at the end of the docks. Between these 2 we shouldn't need to shuttle to the stadium. (I pray we need to shuttle to the stadium)

andy

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I made a dozen copies of the Permit that Annapolis City gave me. I will have them available with me Saturday for those who would feel more comfortable carrying one.

I still plan on posting some basic guide lines either later today or Friday.

So much to do and so little time...

Two days to go!

-Boxcab

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    FWIW, if you park at the stadium you want the "Navy Blue" shuttle as that's the one that stops near the dock.

It looks like it lets you off right abut where Buddy's Crabs is. From there it's about a 50 yard walk to where Boxcab will be with me serving as designated landmark.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    i may head down friday night and join up with you all on saturday.

just look for the kid with long ass hair, a brimmed beanie, and a band T on if i go.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I loves those, the little propeller spins whenever the wind blows!!!

JK, thanks for joining us.

-Boxcab

Well, he is getting a haircut for the event and all....
    Christmas%20Beanie%20Hat.JPG

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Your probably are to yong to remember where "Bob's Coins & Guns" had the storefront before "The Armory" location. :sad53:

:toothless

Yep! When I was a kid, I used to go to Bobs to get pennies for my penny collection. That was first went there when we moved here in 1985 or so. Where was he before then?

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Suggestions for the 1st Open Holster Day Protest

Suggestions for the 1st Open Holster Day Protest​

We want to show that we are responsible, law abiding citizens. Everyone that sees us will have only a short time to decide if we are legitimate or a just another wacko.

With the proceeding in mind, I suggest the following:

Dress - Business casual comes to mind. It will be hot and humid, so being comfortable is very important. A collard shirt, nice pants and shoes will help that opinion that the masses will form. I’d stay away from t-shirts with slogans, band or beer logos. Ripped jeans are not suggested. Use your own common sense to decide, I’ll be happy to see you how ever you dress, but do wear something! Last but not least, wear an empty holster. Do not try to be smart by putting anything in the holster. An empty holster IS our message.

Attitude - Bring a positive attitude. Do not come ready for a fight. If someone wants to start a heated discussion, excuse yourself and return to enjoying your time in the city. Remember, this is not the time to argue with anyone. Our main mission is to be seen and start people thinking... and wondering what the Open Holsters are about. We will not change anyone’s mind on Day One. We just want to get them thinking. We will have other days to push those beliefs a little further. We want to plant the seed this Saturday.

The Police - We are good with the Police. Let me say that again, WE ARE GOOD WITH THE POLICE. The Annapolis City Police know about us and are expecting us. Read the write up in the Gazette, their spokesman was interviewed. The State Police, Anne Arundel County Police, Naval Academy Police and the Fish and Game Police have all been notified. The Governor and Attorney Generals Offices know we will be there. If asked, you are part of the Open Holster Day protest. We have Permit Number 117-09 from the Annapolis City Mayors office. Remember, the empty holster is just a fashion accessory.

The Public - Since we have tried to advertise this event and have gotten a write-up in the Gazette, there may be a very slim chance that “The Antis” may try and crash our party. Do not allow yourself to be provoked and pulled into any arguments. See Attitude above.
    If someone is harassing you and will not give up, find the nearest Police officer or call 911 and tell them you are be being harassed. Let the Law handle it. We ARE law abiding citizens and will not stoop to their level.

The Merchants - If one of the merchants wants you to leave there establishment because of your holster, just leave. Write down the pertinent information (name of store, any employee names, time, etc.). We will regroup after words and as a group we will address the issue. Do not try to argue your Rights, not at this time. We will let calm heads decide how to best proceed. Video and still cameras are your friends.

Post Mortem - I truly believe all of the above will not be necessary, but there are gun owners who will not be joining us because of various fears. The second most important aspect of this protest (the first is being seen!) is being able to report back afterwards that “nothing” happened. No one was billy-clubbed by jack booted thugs, the population did not run us out of town tarred and feathered, and no one was shot on sight. Nothing, nada, zip. Take pictures of your good time, meet new friends and report back that nothing happened. I’ll call that a success.

Thanks to all of you that will make the effort to join us. I am eager to meet you and count you as one of my fellow citizens.

-Boxcab

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    A couple of people running for the House of Delegate told me that they will be joining us. We'll see if they come.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom