• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • raif10

Apr 6, 2013
    Eric Knowles is running for District 30 Senate

From website:
    http://knowlesformaryland.com/issues/

I actually ran into/met Eric Knowles this past weekend in Annapolis. Very smart, good answers on a wide range of questions I kind of grilled him with. Very nice guy, wish he was running in my district....

Anyway, in response to "where are you on SB281?" he responded with:

"I own an AR, two glocks and an 870..." and then he got into a very well-informed conversation in which he firmly stated his support of the 2A and opposition to FSA13.

Good guy, I like him. He's also a veteran.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Still working to get answers out of some of these people running for office. ALOT of no replies to repeated emails. Guess it's time to pick up the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    District 32 Candidate Tim Walters

Hi all. My name is Tim Walters. I am running in District 32 and have been posting in that thread. Given the level of discussion here I thought I would introduce myself to the broader collective. I am retired US Navy EOD and spent some time with weapons. I was a founding member of the Army's Asymmetric Warfare Group (AWG) and was the Lethality Assistant Product Manager (APM). I assisted in writing the Army carbine requirement and worked on modernizing the M4. I also worked on suppressors. Bottom line: I am not afraid of firearms and am comfortable around them. And I own a few.

For clarity on 2A I am a purist and believe the 2nd Amendment is the fundamental backbone to the founding fathers' checks and balances system of governing. This "right" is meant to secure us (the citizens) from tyranny. That means we have the right to the same main line weapon systems that the government might ever use against its citizen (in the worst imaginable scenario) which at this point in time is the M-16/M-4 family of weapons. This is not about the National Guard or whether under this argument citizens should have the right to artillery or A10s. I have a hastily written paper attached to my intro post in the District 32 thread that I submitted to my District representatives and others.

As to District 32 we need as much help as we can get. We have a chance for the first time in a long time. I believe there is a high probability that Ted will retire and give his seat up shortly after the general election. This will then allow his party to appoint someone vice electing someone (not very democratic). Ted is the last of the Blue dog Dems. He voted no on most key issues (SB281, rain tax, etc.) so you can count on not having that conservative vote if he is replaced via this process. He really will be a loss if this scenario plays out. Pam is also vulnerable due to voting for the rain tax (New dems are running on appealing it). Mark Chang switched from Republican to Democrat and works for Degrange. So he will have that influence behind him.

This is very fluid and we have some good candidates on our side but we will need help. We can win one or two of these seats if we can get face name recognition, votes and funds.

I am available for discussion or vetting as required. My site is up but in development at waltersfor32.com and I have a face book page "Citizens for Tim Walters".

Tim Walters
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Thanks all! Updates posted, including SB281 votes on House side (which was a large update)

There is stil a significant amount of work to be done...

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    Candidate for Governor Heather Mizeur was invited to our FOP lodge the other night with the other candidates. I wasn't able to atend due to childcare issues, but I given a quick rundown. One of my co-workers that worked corrections asked her a question in reference to the death penalty. He asked her if she would be in favor of the death penalty for inmates doing life that kill a corrections officer since there is really no other penalty. She hesistated, then called us by the wrong department, and stated that she thought she was just here to answer questions about the transportation structures in the state. She goes onto explain that she feels rehabilitation is the best option. She lost the attention of everyone in the room. I'm really not surpirised by her response since she is a SB281 Koolaid drinker. Just thought I post this even though I know probably no one on this forum or the 2A community would ever vote for this clown. Lesson #1. Maybe it's wise to research the group of people you are speaking to on issues. Anthony Brown was there and explained that he plans on moving in a rapid transition team. From what I was told he is looking to clean out MOM's people as quickly as possible. I'm still trying to get info on what the rest of the candidates stated.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3112453&postcount=164

The votes for the "Fairness" bill...

If using 2A doesn't work, this will.

Candidate for Governor Heather Mizeur was invited to our FOP lodge the other night with the other candidates. I wasn't able to atend due to childcare issues, but I given a quick rundown. One of my co-workers that worked corrections asked her a question in reference to the death penalty. He asked her if she would be in favor of the death penalty for inmates doing life that kill a corrections officer since there is really no other penalty. She hesistated, then called us by the wrong department, and stated that she thought she was just here to answer questions about the transportation structures in the state. She goes onto explain that she feels rehabilitation is the best option. She lost the attention of everyone in the room. I'm really not surpirised by her response since she is a SB281 Koolaid drinker. Just thought I post this even though I know probably no one on this forum or the 2A community would ever vote for this clown. Lesson #1. Maybe it's wise to research the group of people you are speaking to on issues. Anthony Brown was there and explained that he plans on moving in a rapid transition team. From what I was told he is looking to clean out MOM's people as quickly as possible. I'm still trying to get info on what the rest of the candidates stated.

Interesting stuff. Broadening support for the Pro-2A candidates, and strengthening opposition to Anti-2A ones, is a good plan. Any common ground that can be identified, in my opinion, is helpful.

With so much work left on this, I am leaning towards focusing on identification of the districts where the vote was or may be close. That effort alone is probably at least 50 hours of work. Once that is completed, I think pulling in various data sources (votes, stances on other issues, etc) will be the next step. Thanks for the information, and keep it coming :)

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Interesting stuff. Broadening support for the Pro-2A candidates, and strengthening opposition to Anti-2A ones, is a good plan. Any common ground that can be identified, in my opinion, is helpful.

With so much work left on this, I am leaning towards focusing on identification of the districts where the vote was or may be close. That effort alone is probably at least 50 hours of work. Once that is completed, I think pulling in various data sources (votes, stances on other issues, etc) will be the next step. Thanks for the information, and keep it coming :)

The votes on the board for SB 212 are in district numeric order. So for example, Kevin Kelly is in District 1B, his name and vote show second from top left.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I left messages with a couple delegates from 35A, David Rudolph and Mary Podlesack. Focusing on this district since I live here. Others should join in and do the same for their districs! Start hounding people running in your district. Let them know if they are not gun friendly, they will not have our support (tactfully). Hopefully they call me back. I can say I am a little surprised at how hard it is to get a hold of some of these folks running for PUBLIC OFFICE....

Last edited:

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Mary Catherine Podlesak -
    Candidate For Delegate
    District 35A

Studied Engineering / Statistics in college. Not a lawyer, which I kind of liked about her. Great conversation with her today. Decided to run because her sons are having such a hard time getting jobs in and around Cecil County. She had a lot to say about reviving this area and trying to bring back functioning and successful businesses. Very conservative views about health care and the surveillance state. She gets it!

Her views on gun rights:

-WILL NOT SUPPORT ANY proposed legislation that will restrict or infringe upon gun rights and ownership

-Supports the citizens' right of concealed carry outside the home

-Believes concealed carry lowers crime ... duh :)

-Pro 2A all the way from what I can tell she is our friend.

* She received her NRA questionairre and is filling it out.
    Apparently it's like 6 pages long haha.

Last edited:

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    District 17 - any viable DINO or R strategies to work on? I don't see who's running here except that Forehand is retiring from the Senate, so Simmons may go for that seat. I haven't heard a thing about the elections except one sign in my neighborhood for Phil Andrews, who's more of the same...

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    District 17 - any viable DINO or R strategies to work on? I don't see who's running here except that Forehand is retiring from the Senate, so Simmons may go for that seat. I haven't heard a thing about the elections except one sign in my neighborhood for Phil Andrews, who's more of the same...

Maybe off here, but are you sure of your district? I don't show a Andrews running for any thing in 17. If you are in 17, work like a banshee for Simmons opponent, I don't care what she will do, it can't be worse than Simmons plans.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Maybe off here, but are you sure of your district? I don't show a Andrews running for any thing in 17. If you are in 17, work like a banshee for Simmons opponent, I don't care what she will do, it can't be worse than Simmons plans.

I'll have to take a closer look at the Andrew sign, it might be for County Exec... And "Anybody but Simmons" is as good a plan as we're likely to get!

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I'll have to take a closer look at the Andrew sign, it might be for County Exec... And "Anybody but Simmons" is as good a plan as we're likely to get!

Well Simmons only has one opponent in the Primary. If you are not a Democrat you should switch parties now or you cannot vote against him.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Updated to here.

The votes on the board for SB 212 are in district numeric order. So for example, Kevin Kelly is in District 1B, his name and vote show second from top left.

Thanks for the tip! :)

Well Simmons only has one opponent in the Primary. If you are not a Democrat you should switch parties now or you cannot vote against him.

Yep, Simmons looks to be strongly anti-gun rights. Good call on that, and switching voter registration. Also - the Democrat candidate in 2010 (Forehand) won the general election by a significant margin, so a Republican win in District 17 looks to be a long shot.

If interested, check out the OP for info in Simmons. Also in the OP is a link to all candidates for 2014, just in case you want to reach out the those running to see what they have to say.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Topshelf,

Thank you for all your hard work in maintaining this thread! I know Maryland politics can be a confusing mess, especially when you throw in redistricting. It looks like a few candidates for the new 42B House race may have disappeared during update edits. The list of 42, 42A, and 42B candidates can be found here:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=147558

The link also has some discussion of possible DINO strategy for our dear friend Jim Brochin. As crazy as it sounds, voting for Brochin in the primary may be the smart DINO move.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Topshelf,

Simmons has no republican opponents. If he wins the primary, he wins the election. If the republicans in district 17 do not switch to democrat they will have Simmons as their senator.
    They can vote for who ever they want in the general for delegates but they will have no vote for senator because it will be decided in the primary.

Oops, check that, there are no republicans running in 17 for the senate or delegate. Only democrats.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Topshelf,

Simmons has no republican opponents. If he wins the primary, he wins the election. If the republicans in district 17 do not switch to democrat they will have Simmons as their senator.
    They can vote for who ever they want in the general for delegates but they will have no vote for senator because it will be decided in the primary.

Then this becomes a DINO Rampage mission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom