• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    You guys should also try to get the DINO information out with you as well. This will let them know of our best way to fight back for the time being, and make it so we can really hurt those clowns in the primaries.

That may be treading too close to the line. As a VRV, you aren't supposed to influence the new registrant's choice of political party affiliation. I don't think a general explanation and voter education effort explaining Maryland's closed primary system would be out of line but pushing for DINO might be.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    That may be treading too close to the line. As a VRV, you aren't supposed to influence the new registrant's choice of political party affiliation. I don't think a general explanation and voter education effort explaining Maryland's closed primary system would be out of line but pushing for DINO might be.

Agreed. A VRV must remain unbiased. One interesting strategy though would be to situate a table next door with more info...

*** Capturing the media and schools results in capturing the minds of the public ***

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Will you stop reading my mind!
    There's not much room there anyway, what with the Voices and all...;)

Sorry! I can see it now, flanked by competing messages. :)

*** Capturing the media and schools results in capturing the minds of the public ***

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Carroll County area or any place needed.

I have 100 forms and I am Ready to get them filled out.

Welcome aboard!

As mentioned in the OP, the idea was to have a VRV at as many gun shops, ranges, etc. as possible on the second Saturday of each month. Pick a location, talk to the folks running it to get permission and get back to me with where you will be so it can be added to an announcement thread.

To help out those who haven't been certified yet, do you recall the particulars of the process in Carroll Co., i.e. specific days and times for training?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Just talked to Silverado. They already have someone that does it at every show :). Check.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    Welcome aboard!

As mentioned in the OP, the idea was to have a VRV at as many gun shops, ranges, etc. as possible on the second Saturday of each month. Pick a location, talk to the folks running it to get permission and get back to me with where you will be so it can be added to an announcement thread.

To help out those who haven't been certified yet, do you recall the particulars of the process in Carroll Co., i.e. specific days and times for training?

I worked in the Rockville area when I went though the training a few years ago. I completed a few drives in 08 and 12 in the MC area.
    I called CC and picked up the forms today.
    If anyone from MC needs a contact if they will PM me I will get the cell number to them.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I worked in the Rockville area when I went though the training a few years ago. I completed a few drives in 08 and 12 in the MC area.
    I called CC and picked up the forms today.
    If anyone from MC needs a contact if they will PM me I will get the cell number to them.

Doubly glad to have an experienced volunteer involved. I am new to the politics and activism game and suggestions as to how to jump start this project are always most welcome.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Thanks for checking on the gun show angle. I'm sure we can find plenty other venues to recruit a few new voters to exercise all their rights.

Looking forward to hatching new schemes tomorrow at the Liberty Tree.

I wonder whether the Chick-fil-A chain would cooperate? Anybody have a contact there?

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I wonder whether the Chick-fil-A chain would cooperate? Anybody have a contact there?

While a high traffic area like a fast food restaurant would probably yield higher numbers of new voters than a gun shop, gun show, or range, I was hoping this project to target gun owners for voter registration would up the numbers of pro-2A voters.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I called them yesterday and told them i was interested in doing this and they asked me who my target audience was. I figured after i ended up telling them SB281 opponents who aren't currently registered they wouldn't even call me back. The guy did though and said he was told by his boss he could do the training for me even though they were really busy on the redistricting project. He asked me when i could come in and we just worked out a time so it isn't a set training schedule.

Anne arundel county board of elections

Anne Arundel
    Anne Arundel County Government Building
    Street Address: 7320 Ritchie Highway, Second Floor
    Glen Burnie, MD 21061
    Mailing Address: P.O. Box 490 - Glen Burnie MD 21060-0490
    Joseph A. Torre, III, Election Director
    410-222-6600
    410-222-6833 (Fax)
    www.aacounty.org/elections
    Email Address: elections@aacounty.org

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Done, real simple. They really talked up getting everyone registered, nice guys.

Good job!

Yep, easier and quicker than buying an unregulated rifle or shotgun. ;)

Now stop by your favorite local gun shop and ask the owner if you can set up a table at their front door to register a few pro 2A new voters. Post back here where you will be and I will include that in the kick off announcement thread for the second Saturday in May.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Wonder if it's worth my time in MoCo unless I do it in front of a gun shop or similar? Wouldn't want to inadvertently pump the enemy's roles.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Wonder if it's worth my time in MoCo unless I do it in front of a gun shop or similar? Wouldn't want to inadvertently pump the enemy's roles.

Exactly! While a voter education program for the general population might win some hearts and minds, I'm hoping a chosen audience for a voter registration drive will help swell our numbers.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Exactly! While a voter education program for the general population might win some hearts and minds, I'm hoping a chosen audience for a voter registration drive will help swell our numbers.

Further, this is a way to select who you want to register without officially seeking out certain people to register.

What might some other good venues be? And can one run registration anywhere in the state? So let's say I do training in MoCo. Can I set up a table in front of a gunshop here, then have a table at the Fred. Co. gun show, then somewhere else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom