• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Iver Johnson .22 revolver. Think 5/8ths scale SAA but this gun was SA/DA. It was a piece of garbage, bought only because I needed a handgun quick to satisfy the silly NY pistol permit laws. Once you are approved, you have 30 days to buy a handgun. Not tough sounding now, but as a struggling college kid, it was tough.

Bought it in late 1981/early 1982. Sold it to a Buffalo LEO, legally, when I was leaving town.

Was it a 55A? I have one!

My first was a MKIII 22/45 still have it.

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    I was wondering if anyone here still has there first handgun? My first handgun just turned eighteen years old, a S&W 686. Man, I'm getting old. So what did you get and do you still have it.

Mine was a four inch S&W 625 45 acp Model of 1989. Which I still have.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Mine was a Glock 17 that I bought back in 1995 not long after I escaped from New Jersey to the "Free State". It's crazy that Md has become New Jersey. Guess I'll have to move further south if I want to have freedom again.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    My 1st handgun was a 1921 Colt 1911. Had it for 5 years will never get rid of it. First gun I ever bought is a Ruger P89. Had it for 2 years now. Don't plan on getting rid of that lil tank either.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Yup, Bulgy Makarov looks as clean as the day I got it (probably because I have only shoot about 200rds through it, neat gun but not a fun shooter).

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    My first handgun, the Ruger GP 100; bought it 2 years ago. After reading this thread, I'll never sell it! But since then have obtained 2 more modern and 6 C & R handguns and 1 rifle.........:)

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    The day I turned 21 I got a USP 9mm. It was hard to wait the 7 days to pick it up!

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Was it a 55A? I have one!

My first was a MKIII 22/45 still have it.

Damn if I know. I had to buy a used handgun since I was under 21 and the GCA of '68 put a minimum age limit on purchases from a FFL.

Post a picture. I might recognize it.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    Mine was one of the first Dan wesson 8" revolvers. What a piece of shit it went back to the factory twice than I sold it . It has been the only gun I have sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom