• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bearabledust

Dec 21, 2011
    Catonsville
    My first, a 9x18 Makarov bought in 1993 from the old Arbutus Armory.

image-2696679719.jpg

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    The first handgun I ever owned was a Smith and Wesson Model 10 revolver with a 4" heavy barrel. I went out and bought it on my 21st birthday and I've had it ever since. To this day, she's my favorite handgun. It may seem strange but I feel more comfortable carrying her than I do carrying my service weapon. IMHO, nothing beats a good revolver loaded with modern ammunition.

TWM

Jul 4, 2013
    Howard Co
    First I ever shot was my dad's off-duty S&W 38. I love that gun. I took it apart when I was 14 or so to see "how it worked"...gun smith had to put it bak together. Best part was my dad wasn't mad. First I purchased myself was my Ruger P95.

jonathanglock

Oct 8, 2011
    Smithsburg, MD
    Bersa 380. Meh, couldn't find any 380 when I bought it 4 years ago. Too small for my big hands. Only held 7 rounds. Didn't know much about guns back then, still don't, but I know that I probably shouldn't have bought it. Sold it a few years ago, put the money toward a S&W 22A.

noone

Jul 3, 2011
    Just got my first handgun. A rock Island 10mm, I shoulda started buying a few a while ago but never really got into handguns but that has changed since I brought it home

outlaw613

Jun 5, 2013
    my first Beretta 92fs good weight grate shot fun to shot
    easy to clean .
    in bad lighting its hard to see the sights.

CnC

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    Lorcin .25 was my first. It would sometimes fire when you pulled the trigger, which was really cool at the time.

Karl

Mar 7, 2013
    Astra A100, 9mm

Didn't fit me at all, fired 8-900 rounds and sold it for twice the money I bought it for.

Mickey the Dragon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Glock 17 I bought as a post deployment present to myself. Having shot Berettas (M9), Sigs (226, 229, 220), and various other Glocks (19, 21, 23), I settled on the 17 because I felt that I shot it the best and like the way it handled.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    My very first handgun was a Colt Government Model (Series 70) 1911 .45 that I purchase new in 1975. I was in the Navy and only 19 years old, so I had to have my mother actually pick up the gun for me (she wasn't too pleased with that!). The price had just gone up on the Colt - from $150 to $175 and I was kind of mad that I missed out on the old price. I ended up selling it to one of my best friends, with the promise that I would always have the option of buying it back if she ever decided to sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom