• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I had two 6'' model 28's. Both exhibited stellar accuracy. Only reason I sold them is the 357 doesn't appeal that much anymore and for utilitarian use the medium and medium heavy frames make more sense to me in that clambering. That said, I do regret selling the first 28.

CrazyIvan

Crazy Ivan
    Aug 2, 2013
    Scaggsville (Howard County)
    The first handgun I ever bought was a S&W SD9VE. I liked it because it was affordable, went "bang" every time and was (still is) a dependable home defense handgun. My wife's first handgun was a Glock 19. Ironically, I really liked her glock, and she preferred the grip on my SD9VE. Now it's her SD9VE and my Glock 19! :-)

The only down-sides to the SD are the heavy trigger and relatively long reset. My wife prefers that as it's similar to the trigger on her LCP.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    First handgun I eve shot. My father's Browning Hi Power. When he passed away last year, my younger brother beat me into it. I hate my brother.

My very first handgun, my Sig 228.

Hey, did you get that in bitone from the factory? Never saw one in bitone.

TangaZulu

Dec 19, 2014
    Anne Arundel County
    S&W M&P9

First shot and practiced years ago with a Bersa 380 which I didn't own. For purchase I looked at Glock 17 but recently chose the S&W M&P 9 fullsize. Maybe it chose me. This gun feels great in my hand, is accurate and isn't bad looking. Very happy with it so far.

Attachments

• IMG_4947 (Large)2.jpg
      IMG_4947 (Large)2.jpg
      45.5 KB · Views: 236
    Last edited:

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    First handgun was a Taurus PT99. The Beretta knock-off 9mm. Loved it when I got it, love it now. Thousands of rounds downrange. If I could do it all over I'd get the PT92 with fixed rear sight. The PT99 adjustable rear will break eventually and mine did, I just haven't replaced it.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    first shot dad's High Standard Duramatic .22
    first bought a Glock 17, Gen2, hit hard times and had to sell it and a police trade-in 4" .357 S&W 686....

Both were extremely reliable and accurate for me, now have a few Glocks and don't intend to sell them.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    1st bought and shot - S&W 5906

My dad carried one on duty and when I was ready to start I got one just like it.

TD

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    First gun was a Ruger Security Six, great gun wish I had one with a 6" barrel. My next will be a Ruger LC9s I've already started the process. This will be about my 20th if you count black powder / flintlocks.
    C$R is hard on the wallet.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    First purchased was a Ruger Single Six 22/22mag in November 1972. Still have the original box with sales receipt and hang tag. Paid $89 for it back then.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    First pistol I shot was my grandfathers 22lr Continental arms revolver. He left it to me along with a Charter arms 38 spl, both still with me.
    First pistol I bought new was a XD 9:)

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Taurus 669CP - about 20+ years ago - was all i could afford at the time.

DSCF4460.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom