• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toobukume

Feb 19, 2010
    Westminster
    thanks! yeah...turns out i'm not going to be able to make this one but i want to learn as much as possible so i can be ready for the next. 3 gun is my dream. just for fun for a while at least but paper is getting boring.

glockwerkes

Aug 16, 2010
    Just got the stages, I'll post them tomorrow. Total round count is about 324 PER TEAM. This breaks down to about:

120 rifle
    92 shotgun (birdshot)
    108 pistol
    and 4 slugs in a pear tree.

If you've done this before, you know these are just approximate numbers, and are definitely minimums. You probably want to 2x that amount, just in case. The alternative is just don't miss or run dry. Many stages allow for engaging with either pistol and shotgun, or some combination thereof. No steel with rifles or slugs close up. If you forget which targets you're shooting and blast the close steel with a rifle....you get the bill for the steel and an instant DQ. And a lifetime ban from York.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Yes they do. Lots of shots on clays with the rifle. Should be a great time though.

Just got the stages, I'll post them tomorrow. Total round count is about 324 PER TEAM. This breaks down to about:

120 rifle
    92 shotgun (birdshot)
    108 pistol
    and 4 slugs in a pear tree.

Remember that the round count is for your team not individual. Each shooter must shoot their pistol, shotgun and rifle on at least two stages.

narcolepticsniper

That one guy
    Jul 4, 2009
    Indiana
    Where can I find the ammo requirements? I was planning on using 855 (because I have a bunch of it), but I guess I won't be now. It sure would suck to show up with ammo I cant use or that would hurt the targets.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    most competitions specifically say cannot use 855. and most places have rules that say if magnet can pick up your bullet, it is not allowed. pretty sure york checked for this at the last 3gun.

here's an example from the recent fnh 3 gun:

Ammunition containing tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, steel jacketed or
    steel/tungsten/penetrator core projectiles is unsafe and prohibited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom