• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    ok for beginners??? (first one)

It's my first and I was lucky enough to get teamed up with 2 guys with 3-gun experienced and one who has been to this venue. I've shot a couple dozen pistol comps, so that will be helpful in understanding the concept and most importantly what is expected of me safety-wise. I don't know much more than that...I guess you need a team or announce you want in.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    anyone need a 3rd for the Dec 11 3m3g match??? i shot it the last time, i believe back in april, but my two guys are tied up for this one. Benelli sbe2 with extended tube, AR with 1-4 trijicon, glock 34 - should be Tactical Optics division. I also have an Open class Pistol i could use but don't have open versions of AR or shottie.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    anyone need a 3rd for the Dec 11 3m3g match??? i shot it the last time, i believe back in april, but my two guys are tied up for this one. Benelli sbe2 with extended tube, AR with 1-4 trijicon, glock 34 - should be Tactical Optics division. I also have an Open class Pistol i could use but don't have open versions of AR or shottie.

I just read the pdf again from the OP...you should re-read it.

Finn

waiting for the zombies
    Feb 28, 2009
    Columbia
    since we do seem to have a nice bunch of forum members shooting there this year I hope to meet more people... also I have a terrible memory for people and names so if you met me before intro yourself again since I probally forgot your name.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    since we do seem to have a nice bunch of forum members shooting there this year I hope to meet more people... also I have a terrible memory for people and names so if you met me before intro yourself again since I probally forgot your name.

Looking forward to seeing you there.:thumbsup:

Finn

waiting for the zombies
    Feb 28, 2009
    Columbia
    yea Russ itll be good seeing you again too. I wonder if there will be a way to get the MNShooters in the same squad this time around.

oh and my AR will be running this time so I wont have to borrow lol

toobukume

Feb 19, 2010
    Westminster
    i was told you need to fire both slugs and shot...will you ever have to fire them both at the same stage? I'm wondering how to approach this...can you change barrels between stages? do you just run your slugs thru smooth bore? or shot thru rifling? ...

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    i was told you need to fire both slugs and shot...will you ever have to fire them both at the same stage? I'm wondering how to approach this...can you change barrels between stages? do you just run your slugs thru smooth bore? or shot thru rifling? ...

They will be posting round count later as we get closer to the event. For me, not knowing, but only what I picked up from reading and following this sport in preparation, I doubt a barrel change would occur. The birdshot would be #6 #7.5 and #8 and the slugs would be rifled. Someone will be along to sing my praise or pan me.

toobukume

Feb 19, 2010
    Westminster
    well the reason i ask is because i emailed the guy organizing the event and he said to bring 5 slugs per team minimum out to 75 yards. i didn't want to bug him, figured i'd ask ya'll

ansky26

Feb 2, 2009
    Anne Arundel Co

I would assume slug & bird on the same stage unless Howard specifically says otherwise at some point. It is against the rules to change barrels during a match. It is probably against the laws of physics to change your barrel during a stage. :lol2:

3-gunners all use smoothbore barrels, because rifled barrels will spread out your shot way too much and, more importantly, tend to leave a hole in the middle of your pattern right where you want to be hitting things.

Run a smoothbore barrel. If you have interchangeable chokes, you can safely run slugs out to Light Mod (like I do) or perhaps even Mod; most 3-gunners are probably running IC for slug stages, but I prefer LM.

You should test your shotgun and choke combination with the slugs you plan to shoot before the match. 75yds is no joke, and different slugs and different chokes can have pretty significant variation in POI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom