• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    judge griffith just told the city attorney there position is "absurd"
    we've got one vote

I was a bit worried about how Griffith was going at Gura initially, but when DC's counsel was up I know he won't vote for her.
    I couldn't really hear Williams very well but it sounded positive on the whole.

DC was somewhat cornered into arguing that a total ban was constitutional.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    After this PI issue is decided and the case has run its course, i fear that if DC loses they will make a minor change to the law and it will all start all over again.
    Wait.,, Thats Ground Hog day!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    After this PI issue is decided and the case has run its course, i fear that if DC loses they will make a minor change to the law and it will all start all over again.
    Wait.,, Thats Ground Hog day!

I would bet my truck that some kind of ******** like that will happen and no judge will do a damn thing about it.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Interesting debate which DC claims firearms are dangerous. Many things are dangerous. My 60 year old tractor is pretty dangerous, as is alcohol. Throw in some cars. What does dangerous have to do with anything.

DC should not argue with the judge. I think they know it's a preliminary injunction hearing.

One judge is laughing in the background.

DC - she sure is testy and rude. "What I'm saying is the Plaintiffs have not met the burden at this stage of the litigation"

The female judge says wrap it up, but the other judges keep asking questions. So, what is it, answer the question or wrap it up? WTF.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Interesting debate which DC claims firearms are dangerous. Many things are dangerous. My 60 year old tractor is pretty dangerous, as is alcohol. Throw in some cars. What does dangerous have to do with anything.

DC should not argue with the judge. I think they know it's a preliminary injunction hearing.

One judge is laughing in the background.

DC - she sure is testy and rude. "What I'm saying is the Plaintiffs have not met the burden at this stage of the litigation"

The female judge says wrap it up, but the other judges keep asking questions. So, what is it, answer the question or wrap it up? WTF.

That's why we need (and the Republicans should have been pushing for it over the years) a preclearance type law similar to the Voting Right Act. It'll be the only way to force NY, NJ, DC, MD and CA to comply.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    That was an amazing 60+ minutes of audio.

Confirm for me please, this same 3 judge panel hears the full case after the PI is decided, yes?

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    As much as I like to hear the lawyers getting thrashed, haven't the judges already made their decisions politically, prior to the arguing? Or, should I give them more credit for keeping an open mind?

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    As much as I like to hear the lawyers getting thrashed, haven't the judges already made their decisions politically, prior to the arguing? Or, should I give them more credit for keeping an open mind?

Normally, yes. With respect to guns and abortion, no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom