• sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    The three judge panel consists of:

Henderson=liberal
    Williams=conservative
    Griffith=conservative

There may be hope with this one? We'll see, I guess.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I don't know the records of these three, but it seems in general to be a complete crapshoot with "conservative" judges. I seem to remember some Reagan appointees have been anti-2A.

So we'll wait what - another 10 years for a forced decision

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I don't know the records of these three, but it seems in general to be a complete crapshoot with "conservative" judges. I seem to remember some Reagan appointees have been anti-2A.

I can tell you 100 percent that Henderson will rule against us. Williams is a question mark. Griffith is good, but I wonder about the whole concealed v. open carry as the 2A right and if they'll essentially pull a Peruta even though DC isn't trying to use that angle.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011

Ya Henderson is going to be against us.
    Griffith is going to be for us
    Williams is going to be the swing vote.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I think they will punt it back to the lower court so they can f around for 2 more years and then another "rule" will allow ANOTHER enbanc with a "more predictable anti gun panel".

Or there will be some other ******** that causes our side to lose.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    I think they will punt it back to the lower court so they can f around for 2 more years and then another "rule" will allow ANOTHER enbanc with a "more predictable anti gun panel".

Or there will be some other ******** that causes our side to lose.

Yeah, "justice delayed is justice denied" doesn't seem to apply to gun cases.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I the linked. Moonie paper article, they mention that 10 Atty Generals have filed Briefs supporting DC.

Which ones ? Some states are obvious, but I couldn't think of ten states.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I the linked. Moonie paper article, they mention that 10 Atty Generals have filed Briefs supporting DC.

Along with the usual suspects (without the info right in front of me), I'd say perhaps WA,OR, maybe an upper Midwest state or two. Think left leaning state with left leaning AG. There are probably one or two shall-issue states in there. Note to the folks in those states NOT to re-elect those individuals again.

I think there's probably around 30 or so states opposing DC.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Side question for the legally inclined folks.

Both cases (Wrenn & Grace) are here on a PI, Grace having won and Wrenn having lost. How does this affect the 3 judge panel's ruling?

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I hope to see you there. I've got graying hair on my head & face. Wearing khaki pants & blue button up shirt.

I retired from that place 12 years ago so I know Henderson and Williams. Griffith was on tap for confirmation hearings but I never met him. I think someone mentioned it here or in the other thread, but Henderson will dissent, Griffith will probably affirm and who knows how Williams will go. He tends to stay with conservative thinking but has been known to come from left field at times. He is the oldest of the three, not that that will or should have any bearing. As to going, I considered it for about two seconds but decided I'd seen enough legal mumbo jumbo in the courtroom during the 14 years I worked there and did not need to return for any more. :)

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC

http://blog.californiarighttocarry.org/?page_id=4478

AMICUS FOR APPELLANT BRIEF [1624590] filed by States of Maryland, California, Connecticut, Hawai’i, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, and Washington

The only surprise for me out of that group is Iowa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom