• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Is it possible to mimic a "AA" load with Gun club or any other hulls?

I think this has already been covered, but it comes down to what "mimic" means. If it means making something with the same ballistic properties as a AA load, that should not be a problem with Gun Club hulls. You just need to match up the payload (i.e., weight of shot) and the velocity of the load to that of load data for a Gun Club hull. It really is simple. I can pretty much come up with a 1 1/8 oz. load at 1080 fps, 1145 fps, and 1200 fps with almost any 2 3/4" 12 gauge hull out there. You just need to figure out what you want your ballistics to be and then go out there and find applicable load data for the hull you want to use.

500 shells a week?

Howz' the rotator cuff?

:)

Used to shoot a flat on a Sat afternoon.
    Clays can be a 100 bird game - and one can take two shots at the singles. Two rounds Sat and one or two during the week and you're almost there.

Oh yeah. Practice. Little trap. Little Skeet. Little Wobble or 5-stand. Adds up fast!

Target guns are heavy, and loads light. It ain't like shooting 3" mag hunting loads (or tactical rounds) out of a lightweight field gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom