• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Hi Norton,

If was a new member that asked that question and received that response than I would really wonder why I joined this forum.

I was appalled because you did even give her the chance to clarify what she was asking.

Lindey

Because the entire premise of the OP is a false presumption in that others "were made to feel uncomfortable". It's a classic trojan horse and it's one that we see time in and time out.

I have my suspicions about what precipitated this entire thread but will reserve comment until I otherwise can prove it.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Because the entire premise of the OP is a false presumption in that others "were made to feel uncomfortable". It's a classic trojan horse and it's one that we see time in and time out.

I have my suspicions about what precipitated this entire thread but will reserve comment until I otherwise can prove it.

It will be interesting to see if your suspicions pan out.

Curiosity about what the suspicions are has gotten me, but I'll wait and see.

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust
    Kudos to Norton.
    We have members that are men, women, gay, straight, old, young and Lou.

Forum space for FOGIES.

Fat Old Guys.

Can we have a separate forum for short fat balding Italian scientists? Now that's where the cool folks would hang out :-)

Maybe we need to have a forum for short men, tall men, Hispanics, Jews, animal lovers, and atheists while we're at it. :rolleyes:

I resemble those remarks.....:D

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Hi Norton,

If was a new member that asked that question and received that response than I would really wonder why I joined this forum.

I was appalled because you did even give her the chance to clarify what she was asking.

Lindey

I think Norton is tired of divisiveness. We realize she wasn't nefarious in her request, but nonetheless. We have had some real attention cravers in the ladies department in the last year or so. I think he is trying to avoid more of the same.

Just the observations of a dumb redneck. Take it or leave it.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring

Attachments

• Cap'n Crunch.jpg
      Cap'n Crunch.jpg
      11.2 KB · Views: 332

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    For every ShallNotInfringe or Zane's girlfriend, there is a Devon.

I know I am probably going to take some heat for that comment, but it's true. This forum is not the He-Man Woman Hater's Club from "The Little Rascals". There has never been any special treatment of any specific demographic on this forum, so why start now?

When I am at the range, and there is a woman on the lane next to me who is out shooting me, it's because she's a good shooter, not because she's a woman. If I am shooting better than she is, it's because I am a better shooter than she is. That's it.

This forum is Maryland Shooters. It's not Maryland Male Shooters, Maryland Female Shooters, Maryland Black Shooters, Maryland Hispanic Shooters....

I've been around here since 2009 and I have seen people come and go....I've left for a month or two and returned.....the attitudes here are cyclical. If you don't like the way the forum is trending at a specific time, hang around, it's sure to change.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    For every ShallNotInfringe or Zane's girlfriend, there is a Devon.

I know I am probably going to take some heat for that comment, but it's true. This forum is not the He-Man Woman Hater's Club from "The Little Rascals". There has never been any special treatment of any specific demographic on this forum, so why start now?

When I am at the range, and there is a woman on the lane next to me who is out shooting me, it's because she's a good shooter, not because she's a woman. If I am shooting better than she is, it's because I am a better shooter than she is. That's it.

This forum is Maryland Shooters. It's not Maryland Male Shooters, Maryland Female Shooters, Maryland Black Shooters, Maryland Hispanic Shooters....

I've been around here since 2009 and I have seen people come and go....I've left for a month or two and returned.....the attitudes here are cyclical. If you don't like the way the forum is trending at a specific time, hang around, it's sure to change.

Agreed and her name is Jessie :)

Why do we need to define each other by anything other than SHOOTERS

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Agreed and her name is Jessie :)

Why do we need to define each other by anything other than SHOOTERS

Thanks, Zane....my old brain just isn't what it used to be.

Jessie.

It's nice to see her join in the threads where she clearly has no experience, but she joins in to GET the experience. That's what the forum is about.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Kudos to Norton.

I'm willing to bet there are a few women members here that post regularly that we don't know about.....that sneak in under the radar because they want to be known as members first and not defined by their gender.

What, speak up please. :D:innocent0

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    We could have an area called "The Lounge" and single members could hit on each other:rolleyes:

That's what I was thinking. "The Official MDS Dating Thread." Bet that one gets locked within a week.

I gave mopar a teddy bear, does that mean we're goin' steady?:lol2::lol2::lol2: j/k-well I did give him a teddy bear.

Kudos to Norton.

I'm just glad to see Lou finally get a classification of his own

:D

Definition please :shrug:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    The problem with internet forums is those who are easily offended will definitely be offended. There's nothing we can do about that other than total censorship which would certainly be un-American.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom