• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CyberBat

Feb 18, 2013
    Leonardtown
    Is there a forum for women on Maryland Shooters? I have been looking around and haven't seen anything obvious. Now I am totally used to being the only female - happens at work and other places, but I have a couple of women who I am encouraging with their firearms activities. They checked in here and were not feeling especially comfortable. Having a forum for them to go post questions would be awesome. Thanks!

CyberBat :patriot: promising to stop lurking and begin more active posting

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Maybe we need to have a forum for short men, tall men, Hispanics, Jews, animal lovers, and atheists while we're at it. :rolleyes:

I never get this thing about people voluntarily segregating themselves into smaller and smaller populations.

It's not happening here.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Maybe we need to have a forum for short men, tall men, Hispanics, Jews, animal lovers, and atheists while we're at it. :rolleyes:

I never get this thing about people voluntarily segregating themselves into smaller and smaller populations.

It's not happening here.

:thumbsup: Well said

Feb 28, 2013
    We have a "Ladies Room" on my other home. But since it's a trucking site more women are around to use it than I think we'd have here, because most of them are truckers' wives.

I don't think the amount of use would justify the work to create it.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Thanks for the rapid responses and consideration. I think I know why they felt uncomfortable.

Based on what, the insistence that everyone be treated equally and not as part of some subset of society?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Every single member here has been offended, in some way or another, by what others have posted here, at some point.

My personal solution has been to grow a thicker skin, and get used to the fact that the universe, and all the people in it, weren't created just so I can feel "comfortable".

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Forum space for FOGIES.

Fat Old Guys.

Seems fair to me.

OP...welcome. It's been about a year for me as a member.

There's something for everyone here...guaranteed. I caution you that a thin skin will be tested over and over again.

Some things are offensive because of what they say. Other things are offensive because of how they're said.

Folks here are long on opinions...some even know what they're talking about.

What we are though is a legitimate community of interest. Common interest and a willingness to share.

Ain't always pretty. Ain't always articulate. It be what it be.

Your choice to jump in and take it for what it's worth or not. We (the guys here) pretty much all have Moms, wives, SOs, daughters, girlfriends, etc. Yet still we are the way we are in this online space.

I suggest you go with the flow for a while and see if perhaps the good don't outweigh da bad. Frankly, this place could use a few more gals/ladies...diversity is good.

gruube

Feb 19, 2008
    When I first read the OP i was thinking thats not a bad idea. I then read Norton's response and thought you know he is exactly right. The last thing that we need is to be divided.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Is there a forum for women on Maryland Shooters? I have been looking around and haven't seen anything obvious. Now I am totally used to being the only female - happens at work and other places, but I have a couple of women who I am encouraging with their firearms activities. They checked in here and were not feeling especially comfortable. Having a forum for them to go post questions would be awesome. Thanks!

CyberBat :patriot: promising to stop lurking and begin more active posting

Howdy. Join the fight

www.marylandshallissue.com

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 890
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics