• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob32

Jul 3, 2011
    salisbury, md
    I don't need an AR-15. I do need my AK-47 though. Why I need my AK-47 is none of their damn business. I don't ask anyone why they need to exercise their other freedoms, particularly freedom of speech. I don't think those people NEED to exercise their freedom of speech by asking me why I need to exercise my right to bear arms. Lucky for them, I'm not such a douchebag that I'd try to make their freedom of speech banned just because I think they need to stfu.

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    ...because it's a solution to a problem (I want a new gun) and it gives me good feelings (BOOM BOOM makes c33m0n3y happy). There are no stupid questions, just stupid people, so it's best to keep it simple for them.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    This is the question that has been bugging me since the renewed talk of gun control. It seems to be the anti's mantra. "its only use is to kill as many people as possible" or "there is no reason anyone should have military weapons."

Of course I dont believe any of it. I got my AR because it is as close to what I carried while in the Army. Its accurate and great for self defense. I also enjoy going to the range. But how do we counter the anti's view that it is just a weapon of mass killing?

Thoughts?

I don't need an AR-15. I *need* an AR-10. .308 caliber is better on bad guys AND on deer.

tgeb

Mar 12, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I never felt I needed an AR, but always knew if I did want one I could run down to the gun store and with a few $$ I could have one, if I so desired.

Now throw the new gun laws into the mix and suddenly I might not be able to just run out and pick one up....So NOW I NEED an AR.

2 lowers waiting on the paper work. :thumbsup:

I need an AR-15 the same way that I need to vote, I need to be free from illegal search and seizure, and to be free from self incrimination. I need an AR-15 just as much as my grandfather needed an M1 Garand, my great grandfather needed his 1917 Enfield, my great great grandfather needed his Winchester 92, and my great great great grandfather needed his 1861 Springfield. I need an AR-15 because my great great great grandfather didn't escape slavery and fight for the Union for his descendants to become slaves. I need an AR-15 because my grandfather didn't fight in WorldWar II and Korea, and face Bull Connor for his descendants to throw their rights away at the drop of a hat.

Maryland998

Apr 25, 2013
    I bought my Colt AR 15 Carbine back in the 80's.

I got the Colt 4X scope back then as well. Have groundhog and recently last summer prairie dog hunted with it. I have many other rifles and such. Never really thought about getting/building others. Until recently.
    Since Marty passed his law. I bought three Spikes lowers. Two for me. And one to build a rifle for my brother in Montana.
    F U. O'bami and Omalley

cz27jim

I *am* a curio and relic!
    Sep 27, 2012
    I haven't ready through 10 pages of replied, so someone may have said something similar.
    Why do people who never drive off-road, who live in places where it snows 3 days per year, and rarely haul anything more significant than several bags of groceries, need to drive huge gas-guzzling 4WD SUV's for their daily driver? Those SUV's do more harm to people than AR-15's. They don't NEED those SUV's, so since I think they shouldn't have them then they should not be allowed to have them, right?

rhull1971

Jul 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Why does a person NEED a Cadillac? The answer is simple... I want the best car/weapon possible to protect my family. Cars cause more deaths per year than guns, and yet we still don't limit which makes and models we can purchase. In fact, the number one contributing factor in automobile fatalities is speed and we don't even limit the speed of our vehicles to the maximum posted speed limits in this country. But we are determined to limit gun types and capacity. We don't have a road anywhere in this country like the Autobahn, so why do we NEED cars that are capable speeds in excess of 65 or 70 MPH? Simply put, we want the best possible car/gun we can get for the safety of our families.

Car are not as regulated as guns and they cause more annual fatalities... What's good for the Goose is good for he Gander! Food for thought.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    1. because I support my 2A rights
    2. Because I am allowed to own one
    3. Great shooting rifle
    4. Very adaptive rifle that can be used in any scenario
    5. My favorite target shooting rifle
    6. It can be used for hunting
    7. Most accessorized rifle platform ever built
    8. Interchangeable uppers to shoot different calipers
    9. To protect my family and myself
    10. Because I can

AND-
    11. with a collapsible stock it fits my kids, my wife and I.
    12. Low recoil- my wife can shoot it accurately as well as I can
    13. Plentiful ammunition (usually)
    A familiar platform- myself and 2 sons trained on it in the military

(but racking the charging handle doesn't have the same chilling effect as the sound of a pump shotgun)

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    If you're going to send me into battle to risk my life for your silly ass then maybe I should be able to practice with my own battle rifle... like the one I will be carrying. If you can't trust me to own one then you go in my place and I'll stay home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom