- May 3, 2016
Hunting on Private Property Written permission is required from the property owner to hunt or trap on private property in all counties. Liability Any person hunting on private property shall be liable for any damage caused by that person to private property while hunting. Fluorescent Color Clothing…
I believe this is found above.
- Archery equipment may be used to hunt deer during all of the deer hunting seasons. This includes the Junior Deer Hunt Days. Hunters may only use long bows or recurve bows during the Primitive Deer Hunt Days.
- Muzzleloading firearms may only be used to hunt deer during the Muzzleloader Season, Firearms Season, Junior Deer Hunt Days and Primitive Deer Hunt Days. Hunters may only use flintlock or sidelock percussion muzzleloaders during the Primitive Deer Hunt Days. Muzzleloading revolvers are prohibited during the Primitive Deer Hunt Days.
- Shotguns or rifles and handguns that fire straight-walled cartridges may be used to hunt deer in all counties during the Firearms Season and Junior Deer Hunt Days.
- Rifles and handguns that shoot bottleneck cartridges may only be used to hunt deer during the Firearms Season and Junior Deer Hunt Days in certain counties and areas (see map and description, Hunting Regulations).
- Air guns that shoot bullets, arrows or bolts may be used to hunt deer in all counties during the Firearms Season and Junior Deer Hunt Days only.
- Deer harvested must count toward the bag limit of the season in which they are taken, please note:
- Deer harvested with archery equipment during the antlerless-only second split of the early Muzzleloader Season in Region B must count toward the Archery Season bag limit.
Hunter Education and Safety Requirement To hunt or purchase a hunting license state law requires : Presentation of a Certificate of Competency in Firearms and Hunting Safety (required of all first time hunters), or Certification that you held a hunting license issued prior to July 1, 1977, or…
I also often wondered about the use of handguns in the past, but erred on the side of I would not carry until confirmation of below.
- Firearms or airguns may not be carried while hunting deer during the Archery Season with the following exception. In Deer Management Region A, persons 21 years old or older may carry a handgun for personal protection against bear while hunting deer during the Archery Season.
- The handgun:
- May not be used for hunting any game species while the person is archery hunting for deer;
- May not have a barrel length of more than six inches;
- May not have a telescopic sight or electronic aiming device attached; and
- May not be used to kill wildlife wounded by a vertical bow or crossbow.