• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    My son and I will be hunting for the first time this year. He will be hunting before me on the junior hunt weekend. A friend who is experienced will be taking us to his site and show us the ropes. I totally expect my son and I to do the work, participate to the fullest, and
    learn from beginning to end. Even bought a new rifle appropriate for deer.

I am hoping we can do well enough to be invited back during the normal season so my 13 year old son can teach me how it's done.

TD
    I actually went on a Jr Hunt as an adult.

One of my first deer hunting experiences. My buddy and 2 of his 3 boys who were 15 and under at the time went out on their property.

I was scouting obviously unarmed, as was the dad. The 2 boys were using 30-30's and or a 243.

One of the 2 got a deer that day, and a bonus. As he went to retrieve his deer, a small deer wearing a bandana came up to him. It was obviously bottle fed and human raised then released. We later found out the story as a neighbor lady was that responsible party. She did the bandana so no one would shoot the " baby" deer.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    As a life long hunter,,, this thread is sounding a "Little OFF"
    I garden because I enjoy growing and providing my own food, I raise chicken because I enjoy raising my own food. I do not "Enjoy" the actual killing part of hunting. But I DO enjoy the entire process of hunting. I scout, I practice off season with a firearm that will dispatch the deer cleanly (20ga Ultra Slug Hunter), I track and recover my game, we quarter, cut/wrap and freeze the meat ourselves,, Then cook and eat deer a few times a week.

I think what is sounding odd to many is: You want to "Kill a deer" with a marginal weapon,, and have zero desire to eat the deer meat.
    I think if a person wanted someone to just "hand them some meat wrapped in fur,, they would just go to the grocery store.
    I don't think hunters as a whole have a desire to mentor someone who just wants to kill a deer with an AR and has no desire to utilize the meat.
    Just my observations
    You may be on to something here...

aznboi87

Aug 29, 2023
    rockville, md
    I actually went on a Jr Hunt as an adult.

One of my first deer hunting experiences. My buddy and 2 of his 3 boys who were 15 and under at the time went out on their property.

I was scouting obviously unarmed, as was the dad. The 2 boys were using 30-30's and or a 243.

One of the 2 got a deer that day, and a bonus. As he went to retrieve his deer, a small deer wearing a bandana came up to him. It was obviously bottle fed and human raised then released. We later found out the story as a neighbor lady was that responsible party. She did the bandana so no one would shoot the " baby" deer.
    I was about to say, bambi have gone and join the Cryps

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge
    Hey Mr. aznboi87, it is customary for new members to introduce themselves in the introductions section. The rest of us get a sense of who you are. If I may, you are behind in doing this.
    And let me say welcome to the forum.
    MG

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    The Troll is strong with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    Or( benefit of doubt) he said his wife will not let him buy another rifle so he could be trying to offload this to get the appropriate hunting rifle‍♂️ or not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom