Where are the gun shows with $50 shotguns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Buy all the $50 junk guns you can possibly find regardless of condition, then the next time there's a gun "buyback" that pays better than $50 you can turn them all in and maybe double your money.

EddieB

Apr 1, 2009
    Frederick Co.
    DNR used to sell seized guns to dealers at insane prices. The dealers would clean them up and then make a few bucks on them.
    Not anymore.

In the early 80's I went to a gun auction in Annapolis held by DNR. A couple hundred decent rifles and shotguns that had been confiscated were spreadout over many tables. At the time I was working part time at a gun shop, so I had a pretty good idea what the dealer and retail prices were for many firearms.

When the auction began, the bidding wars began. The offer's skyrocked. I was in shock at the prices guys were paying for some of those guns. I remember some were paying $100 - 200 and more than what they could buy new at retail. It was a frenzy.

I left shortly after the auction began. Never been to a gun auction since.

Thanks
    EddieB.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Buy all the $50 junk guns you can possibly find regardless of condition, then the next time there's a gun "buyback" that pays better than $50 you can turn them all in and maybe double your money.

Haha. I didn't think about that idea! I would have bought a few the other weekend. I'm sure I'll get another chance.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Not sure what you're asking. There are no legal face to face sales between residents of different states unless the firearm is an antique.

Joe said:

Interstate sales between two states that do not share a border. FFL is needed.
    I forgot that face to face sales between residents of different states required an FFL. I had never heard anything about exceptions for bordering states so I was asking if face to face sales between say a MD and a PA resident can be done without an FFL?

From what I read, this bordering states exception used to exist in the original gun control act of 1968 but has since changed.

That said, if John Smith, a MD. Resident goes a gun show in TN and gives some TN resident $50 cash for a shotgun who would ever know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom