Where are the gun shows with $50 shotguns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    I was listening to Jack Spirko's Podcast and he did an episode on FUN, CHEAP AND EASY GUN PROJECTS AND TRICKS. It was pretty good, some of his ideas are not my thing, but...
    He was talking about Texas gun shows where he lives and getting cheap $50 shotguns and cheap 22 revolvers etc. My question is What state within a day or so of driving (closer than TX) has decent gun show prices like he mentions? MD shows seem to ask new prices for used guns and never seem to have any deals.

Podcast link:
    http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/1235-gun-projects-and-tricks

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Yeah I could use a couple $50 shotguns.

Me too! The closest I have seen to something like that around here is northwest pawn in Baltimore. They don't have much in the $50 range, but there are still some good deals.

Last summer I did see some $50 shotguns at Crazy Louie's in Salisbury.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    hell we walked uphill both ways to school in our bare feet!

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    uphill-both-ways2.jpg

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Nothing more depressing that threads about the good ole days when I wasn't buying guns.... just looking at posts from 5 years ago makes you wonder how much todays prices will keep going up.

So no suggestions on better states with Gun shows? Are the Carolina's any good? Kentucky? Midwest? I know MD sucks and PA is sometimes better. I haven't hit the VA shows. WV got any?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Plain-old hyperbole. If you see the elusive $50 shotguns in person, you'll probably keep on walking because 99% of them are strictly for decorative use as rusty wall hangers.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Plain-old hyperbole. If you see the elusive $50 shotguns in person, you'll probably keep on walking because 99% of them are strictly for decorative use as rusty wall hangers.
    These are the cheapest from NWPawn currently:
    H & R Topper 148 16 GA Single Shot Full Choke $79.50
    Westernfield SB-100B 12 GA Single Shot Savage SB 100 $89.50

The $50 Single shot at Crazy Louies had a bit of rust on the barrel and the stock had some damage but it looked functional.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    I picked one up last weekend at the Easton gun show.
    New England Pardner 20 ga with near perfect stock and one finger print rust spot on the barrel. Worked out nice since I have been looking for this exact gun in 410, 20, and 12. Got the 20 so 2 more to go.
    If your asking yourself why I want all three its because I had all at one point that were family guns handed down and they were stolen during a move.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    These are the cheapest from NWPawn currently:
    H & R Topper 148 16 GA Single Shot Full Choke $79.50
    Westernfield SB-100B 12 GA Single Shot Savage SB 100 $89.50

The $50 Single shot at Crazy Louies had a bit of rust on the barrel and the stock had some damage but it looked functional.

The first two are still more than 50% costlier than $50. It's not like we're talking about old but desirable multi-round pumps or O/Us, where repair and/or improvements often make sense. Not many people go out looking for old single-shot shotguns. Many of those shotguns were borderline (if not outright) crap when new. Many of them now are kaboom sticks waiting to happen, especially with modern loads. Many of the old, cheap side-by-sides are even worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom