Where are the gun shows with $50 shotguns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    The first two are still more than 50% costlier than $50. It's not like we're talking about old but desirable multi-round pumps or O/Us, where repair and/or improvements often make sense. Not many people go out looking for old single-shot shotguns. Many of those shotguns were borderline (if not outright) crap when new. Many of them now are kaboom sticks waiting to happen, especially with modern loads. Many of the old, cheap side-by-sides are even worse.

Especially when you go back to the damascus barreled guns. while some were fantastic quality for their times, if you use modern smokeless ammo in those, and the steel might 'unravel'.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Anyone remember the $50 Government Surplus Jeeps?

Next page after these! :D

COMICAD%20xray%20glasses.JPG

xray.jpg

Are these guys still in business?

nuclear+submarine.jpg

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    I managed to find a few $50 shotguns this weekend, but they were junk however if you add $10 things get better.

I went to Crazy Louie's pawn shops in Salisbury. I found 2 guns I was considering. One was a 20 ga break action brush painted green. They had it marked 129 but would take $70. The other was a h&r 12 ga single in nice shape for $90 was marked 139. I offered $150 for both, and they said $160 was the lowest.

I went to Steele's gun shop in Lewes DE and looked through probably 200 used rifles and found a few 22's $75 and some single shot 12 ga for $50 but they were probably wall hangers. Loose, stocks cracked rusty etc.

The $60 one or two single shots were OK but they had a bunch of 20,12,16 ga bolt action shotguns in better shape. I started thinking 3-5 shots might be better than one anyway...
    I found a few for $60-90. I settled on two:
    Sears JC Higgins tube fed 12 ga bolt 583.17
    Mossberg 395T 12 ga bolt

The JC Higgins was nice except for a fixable crack in the forend, but it turns out there is a recall for some bolt issue :(
    I bought the Mossberg $60 no tax:
    2aru6e9e.jpg

hutchinsonkw

Dec 18, 2012
    Central Md
    I scored a sears/Jc Higgins single shot for $68 otd at high rock in pa this past December. It was a consignment in good shape with a full choked 30" barrel.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    I scored a sears/Jc Higgins single shot for $68 otd at high rock in pa this past December. It was a consignment in good shape with a full choked 30" barrel.

Where are the pics? ;)
    I haven't made it there yet. Were there many other budget firearms?
    Did that otd price have tax and a $5 or $10 fee for the instacheck? That's pretty good.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    To get to the gun shows with $50 shotguns you need to go straight a few miles, then hang a left at 1998.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    To get to the gun shows with $50 shotguns you need to go straight a few miles, then hang a left at 1998.

:lol: That's pretty funny. Well I tried shooting the $60 bolt action shotgun today. It did OK with bird shot, but I couldn't get the bolt to close with 2 3/4 buckshot. It was like the shell was holding the bolt back just enough to keep it from rotating. :(

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    NC is not that far away. What's a good show to come to?

I'm only familiar with the ones in my area, which is about 7.5 hrs from Baltimore. That said, driving to NC to buy a $50 shotgun, then having it shipped to a MD FFL for transfer kinda negates the whole $50 shotgun concept.

You'd wind up paying for gas, the admission to the show, meals, MD FFL transfer.....

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I'm only familiar with the ones in my area, which is about 7.5 hrs from Baltimore. That said, driving to NC to buy a $50 shotgun, then having it shipped to a MD FFL for transfer kinda negates the whole $50 shotgun concept.

You'd wind up paying for gas, the admission to the show, meals, MD FFL transfer.....

Shouldn't need to transfer a shotgun through a Md FFL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom