• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    You guys are in the wrong place if you think $300 is nuts on a pocket knife. Why is a sig $900 and a hi point $140? Anyone paying more than $141 for a pistol is insane!!! All hype.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I see it as the same exact argument.

Maybe I don't know enough about the intricacies and complexities of knives. I understand the disparity between a hi point and a Sig. Lots of moving parts under a lot of stress. Lots of opportunities for different grades of materials and level of workmanship. I also understand the difference between a $10 Wal-Mart special and a $50 Kershaw knife. With reference to $300+ knives, I just dint understand how much better they cut and how much longer they last. Don't need to worry about accuracy or reliability on a knife like a gun. :shrug:

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Maybe I don't know enough about the intricacies and complexities of knives. I understand the disparity between a hi point and a Sig. Lots of moving parts under a lot of stress. Lots of opportunities for different grades of materials and level of workmanship. I also understand the difference between a $10 Wal-Mart special and a $50 Kershaw knife. With reference to $300+ knives, I just dint understand how much better they cut and how much longer they last. Don't need to worry about accuracy or reliability on a knife like a gun. :shrug:

A sig in .40 will blow up in your hand just as good as a hi-point in .40.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    And i agree with you. I will never understand how my wifes $300 purse holds her shit on her arm any better than a $12 walmart bag.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Usual edc is
    Money clip
    Keys
    Wallet
    Glock 19 (not really in my pocket)
    Galaxy s4
    Spyderco paramilitary 2

THANK YOU :clap:

:lol2:

I don't have any $300 pocket knives but I have about a $120 spyderco paramilitary 2 knife and it's worth every penny. The fit, finish, and quality of the knife is leaps and bounds over my $30 kershaw or $40 spyderco etc. I would love to carry a $300 knife to compare it to my paramilitary, but I haven't bought one yet. I didn't think the spyderco would be worth 2x or 3x more then my other knives but it most definitely is.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Spyderco Delica4 Titanium with Damascus blade because I'm in work clothes ("business casual".) On the weekends, I usually carry a left-handed Spyderco Military.

IMG_20140421_194501_zps0fee026a.jpg

Lunchbox

Nov 8, 2007
    AA Co.
    Tonight its just my wallet, chap stick, and a ZT0303. I swap in a Kershaw Skyline (Damascus blade) when I have to "dress up".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom