What Are Rifles You Don't Need But Want?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    I'd like a really nice .357 magnum lever action. I missed out a few years back when Walmart had a Henry one in Frederick.

I don't have time to go shooting right now. So I'm in no hurry to get one.

I like my Winchester 30-30 Model 94s, but I'd really like them better with less recoil. I'm not in my 30's anymore.

M1A Tanker
    357 lever gun
    22 Wmr bolt or SA

Another call out for a .357 lever gun.
    K98K
    SCAR 17
    I got a Winchester Model 94 in 357 mag I might could be persuaded to part with. Curved grip tho

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Are we doing dream guns? Or bucket list?

I consider bucket list things you DO intend on buying at some point. Could be need, could just be because you want.

I just got a Howa Mini 1500 in 223. It ticks the box of "223 bolt gun" as I hadn't owned one. So, I am very happy on that front now. Actually, also excited that there is minimal suppressor shift. About an inch right and half an inch down at 50. Not nothing, but my AR-10 suffers from about 3" of shift at 50...

That's about as much shift as my 6.5 grendel Howa suffers from, but it has a 20" heavy barrel versus the 22" standard profile barrel on the 223.

Anyway, I reorganized my safe because the new rifle fit, but not well. Some moving stuff around am I positive I can fit another long gun (without pistol grip, or without scope, but with pistol grip. Pick any one feature). It'll be cramped, but by golly I can do it!

I've knocked a couple of bucket list guns off recently. A 223 bolt gun and 1903A3 where at the top of the list.

I am not sure what is next. In no particular order
    -300BO Bolt gun
    -threaded Lever gun in 357 or 44 mag. Or, hey, both
    -O/U 12ga or 20ga
    -22lr bolt gun threaded
    -Something hotter than .30-06, probably in 30 caliber. So maybe a 300WSM as it is better to reload for (more efficient) and more compact action than 300WM. With the increasing availability of good and fairly light 338/35 cans as well as more bullet selections up there, I might consider something in a 338/35 caliber. I almost wish 338 federal had a bit more popularity, or 338-06.
    -Maybe a 6.5CM if I end up living somewhere that I have easier access to fairly long range shooting (500yds+) or I seriously starting trying to get into western hunting for mule deer and pronghorn (but that might just be that 300WSM/WM).

I have a lot of handguns on my wish list, but the above is pretty much my rifle bucket list.

I have some dream guns of course, but I doubt I'll ever actually get them. A semi-auto BAR, machine gun, 50 cal, etc.

19smiller

Nov 11, 2021
    Definitely don’t need more, but lots of wants.
    Remington Model 8 has had my interest recently.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville

I consider bucket list things you DO intend on buying at some point. Could be need, could just be because you want.

I just got a Howa Mini 1500 in 223. It ticks the box of "223 bolt gun" as I hadn't owned one. So, I am very happy on that front now. Actually, also excited that there is minimal suppressor shift. About an inch right and half an inch down at 50. Not nothing, but my AR-10 suffers from about 3" of shift at 50...

That's about as much shift as my 6.5 grendel Howa suffers from, but it has a 20" heavy barrel versus the 22" standard profile barrel on the 223.

Anyway, I reorganized my safe because the new rifle fit, but not well. Some moving stuff around am I positive I can fit another long gun (without pistol grip, or without scope, but with pistol grip. Pick any one feature). It'll be cramped, but by golly I can do it!

I've knocked a couple of bucket list guns off recently. A 223 bolt gun and 1903A3 where at the top of the list.

I am not sure what is next. In no particular order
    -300BO Bolt gun
    -threaded Lever gun in 357 or 44 mag. Or, hey, both
    -O/U 12ga or 20ga
    -22lr bolt gun threaded
    -Something hotter than .30-06, probably in 30 caliber. So maybe a 300WSM as it is better to reload for (more efficient) and more compact action than 300WM. With the increasing availability of good and fairly light 338/35 cans as well as more bullet selections up there, I might consider something in a 338/35 caliber. I almost wish 338 federal had a bit more popularity, or 338-06.
    -Maybe a 6.5CM if I end up living somewhere that I have easier access to fairly long range shooting (500yds+) or I seriously starting trying to get into western hunting for mule deer and pronghorn (but that might just be that 300WSM/WM).

I have a lot of handguns on my wish list, but the above is pretty much my rifle bucket list.

I have some dream guns of course, but I doubt I'll ever actually get them. A semi-auto BAR, machine gun, 50 cal, etc.
    I would say your bucket list are rifles that you “need”. I thought the spirit of this was more along the lines of rifles you don’t really “need” as in don’t really have much use for but still kind of want.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I would say the next gun on my list that I want but have no need... except 'merica!

The GM6 Lynx 50 BMG, box fed, semi auto, finely tuned, instrument of awesomeness!

This is the kind of gun that would make Dianne Feinstein soil her incapacious bloomers.
    l2.jpg

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    1. A bolt gun in .416 Rigby...Oh wait, I bought one of those - a CZ.
    2. Sako Bavarian in 6.5 x 55
    3. Winchester Trapper in 30/30
    You know, after careful consideration, Nos. 2 and 3 above are generally so overpriced in the market that they're just not worth consideration...damn, did I just type that...I must be getting old!

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.

2b66058505063f381bf74c649d04d025.jpeg

Now I can tell you like to hush hush your firearms, but I might humbly add the .375H&H Magnum to your add list? Love mine. Hell of a shooter and the recoil is MUCH more enjoyable out of a properly balanced / made rifle for such caliber. I’m 5’10, 170# and shoot it from the bench in a T-shirt with no problems! Same trajectory as a 30-06 but the pill happens to be 300gr it makes a perfectly round, well polished hole in 1/2” steel. Also redefines cover and concealment! I hear wonderful words about the balance and feel of the CZ-550 in .375 particularly, but my No.1 is PLENTY tame for me. YMMV

- Brent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    A Henry Lever action .45-70

I don't know why, I just have a unexplainable lusting for that rifle

Capture.jpg
    I want a lever 45-70 as well. I like the Marlin.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    On the wanted list now;
    Nice! I've wanted an Anschutz/FWB/IZH biathlon model for a long time.
    ANSCHUTZ-1827-F-BIONIC-orange-01.jpeg

Not sure of the price but I can think of worse ways to spend 25k, heck people buy Kia’s and Hyundais…
    A Colt M16 is $35k+ now. (And Kias/Hyundais are actually nice cars)

My list?
    Biathlon 22 rifle
    Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 (when the Ruglins become avail at msrp I'll get one.)
    357 lever gun

ras61

Nov 13, 2013
    My latest "Don't Need", a Mauser Model 66, very cool! If it was about need we'd have one .30-06

IMG_0912-2.jpg

As far as my next don't need but want, depends on what I see on Gunbroker tomorrow...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom