What Are Rifles You Don't Need But Want?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ras61

Nov 13, 2013
    Interesting that Lever Actions are up there as one of the most wanted, a bit surprised by that. Maybe Santa will reward some of the good boys this year, and maybe even a few of the bad? :evilgrin3

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    I recently acquired a swiss k31 for no reason other than surplus drying up and it was fresh out of a crate from Switzerland.

Other than that a No.5 mk 1 jungle enfield
    m16a4 clone
    PSA ak pistol

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Interesting that Lever Actions are up there as one of the most wanted, a bit surprised by that. Maybe Santa will reward some of the good boys this year, and maybe even a few of the bad? :evilgrin3
    Yeah,, not sure if it was a Jurassic park/Wind River thing? But EVERYONE (and their mother) wants a lever 45-70,,
    If Marlin and Henry can ramp up production, they are sitting on a gold mine

ras61

Nov 13, 2013
    Yeah,, not sure if it was a Jurassic park/Wind River thing? But EVERYONE (and their mother) wants a lever 45-70,,
    Maybe the popular Yellowstone series has upped interest in the old western guns too. I always thought the Uberti Henry and Yellowboys looked good, they seem to have a little nicer wood (at least from the catalog pics). Many seem to want one in .357/.38, smart move going for more plentiful and cheaper ammo.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Fg42! 1st model (with the weird angled pistol grip)!
    Played briefly with one including a magazine full, fired on a range during a Firearms Amnesty back in the U.K many years ago during "ammuntion disposal" under military supervision & fell in love with the quirky beast.
    Wow! That is cool that you got to fire one. That is a super rare full auto. Probably only 25-40 of them in the NFA registry. They go for $300K+ at auction.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Most of the "unrecorded firearms" in the U.K. are " Something my old man brought back from the war", or some kind of Black powder "antique from Oliver Cromwell's time"
    I was photographing the turn ins during an amnesty for evidence (probably the 15th or 16 th) & odd stuff keeps turning up.
    My favorite was "the Little Old Lady" dragging a Boys anti-tank rifle up the steps by the muzzle device! Yes it was loaded & there was "one up the spout"!

Last edited:

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Will never happen, but I can dream:

AM-180.

Cool video. I've never seen that one before. I have one and it is a lot of fun to shoot. But as he notes in the video, they are finicky and sometimes unreliable. They like to be run very well oiled.....ie wet. But when they run, it is awesome.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Most of the "unrecorded firearms" in the U.K. are " Something my old man brought back from the war, or some kind of Black powder antique from Oliver Cromwell's time"
    I was photographing the turn ins during an amnesty for evidence (probably the 15th or 16 th) & odd stuff keeps turning up.
    My favorite was "the Little Old Lady" dragging a Boys anti-tank rifle up the steps by the muzzle device! Yes it was loaded & there was "one up the spout"!
    I'll bet that there were a few Stens and lend Lease Thompsons turned in during that amnesty.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Totally impractical, but if I had the $$ and the land I’d like a Barrett .50 cal.

Yes, I know the semis are banned in md.

Feb 28, 2013
    Maybe the popular Yellowstone series has upped interest in the old western guns too. I always thought the Uberti Henry and Yellowboys looked good, they seem to have a little nicer wood (at least from the catalog pics). Many seem to want one in .357/.38, smart move going for more plentiful and cheaper ammo.
    Uh oh...

Reckon we better ban lever actions now. Cant have people ownin guns from “those movies” :rolleyes:

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I never saw a Thompson.
    One Sten IIRC.
    A lot of Lugers & P-38s & the odd little .32s they seemed to like for German police & military.
    One MP 38/40 dismantled in the guys fishing kit I recall.
    Oh, & a lilliput!
    Oddball .21 (thats not a typo) rimfire in a "deep cover" inside the thigh "crotch holster"!

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    They are still on 'want' lists (vs 'have' lists) somewhat because they are so overpriced now. I have an antique Win 1886 45-70 but would like a modern one as a shooter that I can suppress. I just won't pay 1.5x MSRP for one and many others are of the same mindset. So it remains on the 'want' list.
    I think Marlin's will be scarce for a few more years still. A gold mine indeed.

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    1. A Tikka or Sako, not for any special reason. I just like them.
    2. A Volquartsen or a Walther .22 LR, because I don't have either one but find them interesting.
    3. A Dakota Model 10 falling-block action
    4. A Cooper with a Mannlicher stock, small bore.
    5. A small-caliber double rifle (or cape gun) made by Bailey Bradshaw in Texas.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Another vote for a .45-70 Lever Action but I want mine with a straight stock, color case hardened receiver and an octagon barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom