• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnb007

Jul 6, 2011
    Very interested in a group buy. I am IN! Unless there is still one available

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I find it so funny how before 10/1 if you mentioned the Vz-58 most people here would have no idea what you are talking about.
    You and I both know this isn't true. The Vz58 was regularly recommended to folks who didn't want to deal with the regulated background check for assault long guns. Maybe it just looks like that due to the influx of new members we got in 2013.

Now that it has passed the Vz-58 has become the new hot thing around here since AK's are banned.
    They can't buy non-HBAR ARs or any AKs anymore. They're going to be looking for alternatives. Duh, stuff like the Vz58 is gonna get popular.

XeroG

Aug 6, 2013
    Are the pins on the side? How do you unpin them?

There is a small wooden dowel underneath the follower that keeps it from accepting more than 10 rounds. If you cant figure out how to remove it (While in a different state, of course) PM me and I can help you out.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Just picked up this beauty today!!! I can't wait to take some glamor shots of her :D

12111945025_ccec74ff02_c.jpg

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    You and I both know this isn't true. The Vz58 was regularly recommended to folks who didn't want to deal with the regulated background check for assault long guns. Maybe it just looks like that due to the influx of new members we got in 2013.

They can't buy non-HBAR ARs or any AKs anymore. They're going to be looking for alternatives. Duh, stuff like the Vz58 is gonna get popular.

I think some of it had to do with the sudden influx of super cheap guns too through more distributors.

It had been on my radar for a long time but I focused on stuff I knew would be banned. I guess the secret is out on our hidden little gem.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yes, the gun with five (plugged) mags deal for $500-$600 is pretty excellent.

At this point, my focus is on picking up the stuff I think would get hit in a future round of bans... but more slowly (eg, receivers first) since there's apparently nothing on the radar for this session.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    At this point, my focus is on picking up the stuff I think would get hit in a future round of bans... but more slowly (eg, receivers first) since there's apparently nothing on the radar for this session.
    Eventually, another Maryland Governor will come along and say what Andrew Cuomo said, "our current gun laws have more holes than Swiss Cheese." They'll expand the Copycat definition until we are left with Mini-14s. It would be smart for every red-blooded Marylander to stock-up on receivers, magazines, and semi-auto long guns.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Yes, the gun with five (plugged) mags deal for $500-$600 is pretty excellent.

Theres still time. Dumais promised they were coming back for more.

No breathing easy until Sine Die.

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    Picked up a VZ2008 from Duffy's Gun Room in Sparks Glencoe, Md. Rifle, 5 mags, bayo, sling and cleaning kit, $580 out the door. Good first experience there, knowledgeable and friendly staff, thanks guys!

Fit and finish on this rifle is very good, only complaint is the folding stock button is super stiff. I put some lube and elbow grease on it but hasn't really lessened. Probably just take some time, no worries. 2 of the 5 mags were in new condition, the other 3 had chips and mild corrosion. To my surprise I can only find 1 chip in the paint on the rifle.

The surplus furniture is in good shape too, just needed a little cleaning. Somewhere down the line somebody wrote a "4" on the bottom of the lower handguard, gives it some character. The bayonet slides smoothly on and off the lug.

There's no canting of the sights, this one came with the bunny ear front sight instead of the shrouded version. The bolt is smooth when you rack it, and the bolt open feature works great too. Money well spent!

I hope this info helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      64.8 KB · Views: 319

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso