• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A_Nonymous

Jun 13, 2011
    You got yours today?

Yes, but this was not from the new batch. After seeing inventory levels drop yesterday, I had to give the shop a call and see if they would still have one when I came in today (I am about a two hour drive from the shop). Vince was nice enough to hold it until Start of Business this AM, and took care of me then. To the best of my knowledge this was the last one in the shop until the next order arrives.

Again, I can't speak highly enough about the quality of the rifle and customer service offered at Duffy's, so if you are on the fence about the purchase, go ahead and pull the trigger. You will not regret it.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Yes, but this was not from the new batch. After seeing inventory levels drop yesterday, I had to give the shop a call and see if they would still have one when I came in today (I am about a two hour drive from the shop). Vince was nice enough to hold it until Start of Business this AM, and took care of me then. To the best of my knowledge this was the last one in the shop until the next order arrives.

Again, I can't speak highly enough about the quality of the rifle and customer service offered at Duffy's, so if you are on the fence about the purchase, go ahead and pull the trigger. You will not regret it.

got any pics?

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood

I am picky on the condition and finish of my firearms. How is the finish and furniture of this rifle?

Skivvy9r

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, MD
    I am picky on the condition and finish of my firearms. How is the finish and furniture of this rifle?

If you're picky you should keep looking. The furniture is in good condition but has clearly see some use. At the current price this gun is an excellent deal. But it's a gun meant to be taken out and shot, not put on display.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

Better than expected, they look good coming out of the box with a few scratches, furniture I have seen is like new. Not sure how the black paint that CAI applied will hold up.

The Czechpoints I have seen are a little better but not exactly Colt Pythons.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    really loving the ak74 brake vs the slant brake:thumbsup: can't find the original thread about it but thanks to the member that posted the link!:)

Attachments

• vz20081043849_10201361951715435_1538958568_n.jpg
      vz20081043849_10201361951715435_1538958568_n.jpg
      46 KB · Views: 417
    • vz20081524697_10201361914154496_2112197178_n.jpg
      vz20081524697_10201361914154496_2112197178_n.jpg
      59.6 KB · Views: 420

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    14x1 RH threads instead of AK left hand, correct?

Is that a CNC warrior brake, or a Tapco?

Can I get a pic with the bayonet attached?

Oooh, can't wait to pick mine up on tuesday

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    With my Czechpoint rifle, even without a brake the gun is incredibly accurate and recoil is negligible.

I don't know if there is a magic spell involved, or what, but I predict that any brake at all on these guns is going to make them pretty much recoiless

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Firehawk, the link you posted says that CNCW item number fits standard AK47 threads, which I thought were 14x1 LH. I've read that early CAI VZ2008s had LH threads, but they switched to RH maybe a year or 2 ago. My own recently purchased does have RH threads. What about the one in your picture? Or does the Yugo model referenced in the CNCW description buck the usual AK thread pattern?

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    Firehawk, the link you posted says that CNCW item number fits standard AK47 threads, which I thought were 14x1 LH. I've read that early CAI VZ2008s had LH threads, but they switched to RH maybe a year or 2 ago. My own recently purchased does have RH threads. What about the one in your picture? Or does the Yugo model referenced in the CNCW description buck the usual AK thread pattern?

Type 74 Brake w/ detent notches - M14 X 1 RH

on the main page they offer it both ways.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I don't know why, but those CNC warrior brakes work much better than many other brakes I've bought in that style in the last few years.

The Tapco brakes work very well, especially on larger guns- I have one on a Mosin nagant I decided to thread after having to chop the barrel due to rust that had formed on top of a plug of cosmoline in the barrel. Anyways, the Tapco works great on that, and worked great on my AKs, but the CNC warrior brake just works better. The ports are ever so slightly angled, and it's supposed to break up the muzzle flash. All I know is that it's very effective. Moreso than the Tapco, less so than the Arsenal AK-74 brakes with the zig zag cuts and the chrome lining in them, although those I believe are actual military brakes, so that's no surprise.

Thanks for taking the pics. Can't wait to pic mine up.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    I don't know why, but those CNC warrior brakes work much better than many other brakes I've bought in that style in the last few years.

The Tapco brakes work very well, especially on larger guns- I have one on a Mosin nagant I decided to thread after having to chop the barrel due to rust that had formed on top of a plug of cosmoline in the barrel. Anyways, the Tapco works great on that, and worked great on my AKs, but the CNC warrior brake just works better. The ports are ever so slightly angled, and it's supposed to break up the muzzle flash. All I know is that it's very effective. Moreso than the Tapco, less so than the Arsenal AK-74 brakes with the zig zag cuts and the chrome lining in them, although those I believe are actual military brakes, so that's no surprise.

Thanks for taking the pics. Can't wait to pic mine up.

thanks for the review! now I might have to bite the bullet and buy some range ammo for freestate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom