• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    This is why I'm aware of some workers that take their glasses off before recording information in the powder log that stores are required to keep now. It's always funny to see customers correcting the employees, "hey, you wrote down '4660 thunder rd', I live at '7006 tumbler dr".

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    Went to Fred's today and purchased a box of .22lr, .40 s&w, and .223. Every employee was a complete d-bag, even the c working the register. I've never bought ammo from them before. Only hunting licenses. Went today because a buddy said their ammo was cheaper than anywhere around. It is definitely at pre-panic prices but the 1 box limit per day f'n sucks. I didn't provide any info but was asked for my phone number which I declined. Wasn't asked for ID either. Unfortunately I didn't pay with cash which kind of bothers me now after reading this thread and others. Needless to say I won't be going back there.

On top on that, bought fake Magpul backup sights at the Fredericksburg gun show. Had no idea Magpul didn't sell sets. Still somewhat of a newb I guess. Live and learn.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Went to Fred's today and purchased a box of .22lr, .40 s&w, and .223. Every employee was a complete d-bag, even the c working the register. I've never bought ammo from them before. Only hunting licenses. Went today because a buddy said their ammo was cheaper than anywhere around. It is definitely at pre-panic prices but the 1 box limit per day f'n sucks. I didn't provide any info but was asked for my phone number which I declined. Wasn't asked for ID either. Unfortunately I didn't pay with cash which kind of bothers me now after reading this thread and others. Needless to say I won't be going back there.

On top on that, bought fake Magpul backup sights at the Fredericksburg gun show. Had no idea Magpul didn't sell sets. Still somewhat of a newb I guess. Live and learn.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Expect a knock in.. 3..2...1.. Am tht is. Lol

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Looking forward to the visit. I periodically buy large quantities of ammo on calibers I don't own. I have yet to see a law on the books about this. My answer will be "no thanks, officer, I gave at the office". I'll plead the 2A and the 4A.

Last edited:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Still waiting to hear what MSP and/or the AG has to say about this non-event that didn't happen. [crickets]

anderson76

Feb 16, 2013
    I do a fair amount of criminal defense in MoCo, PG, and Fred. I have had several clients get caught in this way. These ammo logs are being checked and cross-referenced with criminal databases. How often does this occur? I don’t know. On one occasion, they arrived at my client’s residence without a warrant and asked to come in to do a “routine inspection”. My client consented to his/her eventual detriment.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    It was required by WalMart at the time. WalMart was the one voluntarily keeping the log.

don't think that is totally correct. I bought handgun ammo at the Rockville Sports Authority way back when they had guns and they had a log book requirement. That was the last time I bought from them!

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Bump. Who is collecting money as to whether the MSP will begin this behavior with medical marijuana card holders? Their motto, "Don't knock it..."
    65FqmOR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom