• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Bump. Who is collecting money as to whether the MSP will begin this behavior with medical marijuana card holders? Their motto, "Don't knock it..."
    65FqmOR.jpg

It’s only a matter of time.

Or further Californication when they'll know what kind of ammo we're buying ...

Coming to a legislature near us ? :mad54:

New California Ammunition Rules Have Gun Shop Owners Concerned

• By July, it will be illegal for anyone to own a magazine that holds more than ten rounds
    • By January 2018, gun owners will need to have a special permit issued by the Department of Justice in order to buy ammunition
    • By January of 2019, gun shops will be required to do a background check on a client before selling them ammo.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Is it me or are their legs 180 degree out of order for the stack? Should be wall leg forward, back to wall.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Certain ammo purchases will receive inspection from the ATF. I'm not sure how the ATF is notified or the threshold for notification but I have experience with the ATF contacting folks to inquire about recent large ammunition purchases. As for MSP, they're unpredictable when it comes to firearms.
    10,000 Rounds of 5.56 might get their attention...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    This story occurred years ago when WalMart kept a log book of ammo purchases. They no longer keep such a log. Sen. Frosh now wants it to me mandatory.

Are we reliving history????

Used to be a Federal log of handgun ammunition. To be used to help track down a criminal via ammunition purchases.

It NEVER assisted in solving a case. Including a serial killer who used a .25 ACP pistol.

So it was repealed.

Maybe next Frosh will have the bright (NOT) idea of requiring a fired case from every handgun.

STUPID

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    MD Medical MJ card holder plus a registered Handgun Purchase in MD = bad thing to do in MD

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I have no use for marijuana, but I don’t see how possessing a card equals user.

Having watched a family member die of cancer, with the pain, nausea, etc...

If I was diagnosed with confirmed cancer, one of the things I would strongly consider is applying for a card while I was still able to navigate the bureaucracy - before I lost the strength to do so.

Still, having a medical marijuana card doesn’t make me a marijuana user or addict, and it shouldn’t put me at risk of no-knock 4am raids that put me, my family, my care providers and my neighbors at risk of death or serious injury.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I have no use for marijuana, but I don’t see how possessing a card equals user.

Having watched a family member die of cancer, with the pain, nausea, etc...

If I was diagnosed with confirmed cancer, one of the things I would strongly consider is applying for a card while I was still able to navigate the bureaucracy - before I lost the strength to do so.

Still, having a medical marijuana card doesn’t make me a marijuana user or addict, and it shouldn’t put me at risk of no-knock 4am raids that put me, my family, my care providers and my neighbors at risk of death or serious injury.
    Roman Polanski shouldn't be alive.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I no get.

He's trying to make a point. In his opinion, Roman Polanski should be dead for his crime, but he isn't.

In your opinion, you shouldn't be subject to a 4am no-knock.........but this is Maryland. I haven't re-read this thread, but visits by MSP that didn't yield the results that they desired, very well could have resulted in a search warrant. Not saying that it'd be a 4am no-knock.......but, this is Maryland.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    He's trying to make a point. In his opinion, Roman Polanski should be dead for his crime, but he isn't.

In your opinion, you shouldn't be subject to a 4am no-knock.........but this is Maryland. I haven't re-read this thread, but visits by MSP that didn't yield the results that they desired, very well could have resulted in a search warrant. Not saying that it'd be a 4am no-knock.......but, this is Maryland.

Didn't sound like a no knock warrant.

We thought they were there for my Brother in Law who had just been mailed Bench Warrants to our home, but he doesn't live here and he is already incarcerated, so my Wife opened the door for them. Then I heard one of them say he had some papers for me or needed to speak with me,so I got up to speak with them 6 or 7 officers in full assault vests, etc. and NO ONE in uniform. Four heavily armed police came into the house while at least two others walked around outside of our home.

I live in Frederick county... definitely would call 911 and have them alert the sheriff or city police that SP were here with NO warrant.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    What has actually changed, not just be desired by politicians here, about ammo sales, purchases or logs since 2008?

California laws are excepted since they're in their own world there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom