• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Based on prior postings it appears that the judge might not be able to directly compel the DC legislature to pass shall issue but I see no reason he could not put the injunction back in place until such time as he was satisfied that the new law complied with his Palmer-based ruling. So they can pass may issue, but then DC becomes constitutional carry again.

And then DC appeals to the circuit, who then grants another stay until the case is heard.

And so it goes..

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    DC wants to continue the same racist Jim Crowe laws to keep minorities from owning/possessing a firearm for self defense or protecting their families!

I have often wondered if that is one way to frame the issue.
    I'd hate to win THAT way because I would want to win based on what's clearly written in the 2nd amendment.

But a win would be a win.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I have often wondered if that is one way to frame the issue.
    I'd hate to win THAT way because I would want to win based on what's clearly written in the 2nd amendment.

But a win would be a win.

It is true nonetheless

DC wants to control it's fiefdom. They (the elected officials) are unwilling to trust the people who vote for them.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    Based on prior postings it appears that the judge might not be able to directly compel the DC legislature to pass shall issue but I see no reason he could not put the injunction back in place until such time as he was satisfied that the new law complied with his Palmer-based ruling. So they can pass may issue, but then DC becomes constitutional carry again.
    I love the ideas of Constitutional carry in DC, mainly because it makes all of the libs shit their pants.

The FU effect is Fing priceless....

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Today D.C. filed their Reply Brief in favor of their Motion for Reconsideration. This is in response to SAF's Response Brief.

Our motion isn't Frivolous. The District Court didn't follow controlling Court rulings (CADC/SCOTUS). Means End Scrutiny should be utilized, saying Heller II (under CADC) mandates the 2-A 2-Step under Intermediate Scrutiny. Oyyy...

Their whole brief circles around "In the Home", that brave new world outside of that not being legally substantiated in the Courts. I suggest they wrap that argument around the word "Bear" in the Second Amendment and the established definition, even in a controlling Court (SCOTUS, Ginsburg's definition).

Justice Ginsburg said:
    ...to wear, bear, or carry … upon the person or in the clothing or in a pocket, for the purpose … of being armed and ready for offensive or defensive action in a case of conflict with another person.

They also gloss over CADC's opinion in Heller I (nee Parker v. DC), which WOULD be controlling if they wanted to read it.

CADC Heller I Opinion said:
    The term “bear arms,” when viewed in isolation,
    might be thought ambiguous; it could have a military cast. But
    since “the people” and “keep” have obvious individual and
    private meanings, we think those words resolve any supposed
    ambiguity in the term “bear arms.”

and
    CADC Heller I Opinion said:
    To summarize, we conclude that the Second Amendment
    protects an individual right to keep and bear arms.

Attachments

• Palmer_67.pdf
      52.5 KB · Views: 150

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Interesting.......

Another data point for something unrelated...

But, what it does potentially do is bolster the "Sensitive Places" arguments.

No the court rejected that already.. its just noise.

It does suggest that the SS is not up to the task of protecting the president rember that gut that opened up full auto on the WH a few years back.. taken down by the public....you know the ones we can't trust with guns... as aposed to full auto guy.... yup with out ccw we might have non criminals with guns....oh my what will we do...

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    No the court rejected that already.. its just noise.

IMO, this is only true if the Court is truly insulated from political winds.

It does suggest that the SS is not up to the task of protecting the president rember that gut that opened up full auto on the WH a few years back.. taken down by the public....you know the ones we can't trust with guns... as aposed to full auto guy.... yup with out ccw we might have non criminals with guns....oh my what will we do...

You're heading somewhere I was trying not to mention yet. There have been several things which have come out the past couple weeks that are starting to smell funny.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Its not the court they are speaking to its CNN..

To hold that all of Dc is a sensitive place and thus allow a ban would make it reasonable to suspend ccw in any state potus visits.

Frankly that would be just what we need to get the con con started.

Scotus has clearly signaled that's a non starter. They know it. This is aimed at the chattering class. Not the court..

Its good... its so out there scotus can ignore it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom