• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    disappointing, but not at all surprising. Now that even DC has conceded there is a right outside the home, SCT cannot take a may-issue case fast enough.
    That's the garbage thing, SCOTUS could have weighted in, but their apprehension to exercise their clear power in cases that are behind obvious to mere "serfs" is mind numbing.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    http://www.dccouncil.us/files/user_... a Pistol Emergency Amendment Act of 2014.pdf

There it is:

(c) Section 6 (D.C. Official Code § 22-4506) is revived as of the effective date of the
    79 “Carrying a Pistol with a License Emergency Amendment Act of 2014,” and is amended to read
    80 as follows:
    81 “Sec. 6. Issuance of a license to carry a pistol.
    82 “(a) The Chief may, upon the application of any person having a bona fide residence or
    83 place of business within the District of Columbia, or of any person having a bona fide residence
    84 or place of business within the United States and a license to carry a pistol concealed upon his or
    85 her person issued by the lawful authorities of any State or subdivision of the United States, issue
    86 a license to such person to carry a pistol concealed upon his or her person within the District of
    87 Columbia for not more than 2 years from the date of issue, if it appears that the applicant has
    88 good reason to fear injury to his or her person or property or has any other proper reason for
    89 carrying a pistol, and that he or she is a suitable person to be so licensed.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Fyi- original link works on android device.

Interesting how far they go to strip fundamental rights away in the name of safety and how utterly blatently that goal is missed. And how blatantly courts avoid looking at actual data showing results of the laws to further totalitarian take over.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    83 place of business within the District of Columbia, or of any person more equal than others. All David Gregory's are comrades.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

the statute codifies "good reason" (line 406):

406 section 6 of this act:
    “(A) Demonstrated a good reason to fear injury to his or her person, which shall at a minimum require a showing of a special need for self-protection distinguishable from the general community as supported by evidence of specific threats or previous attacks which demonstrate a special danger to the applicant’s life;

“(B) Demonstrated any other proper reason for carrying a concealed pistol, which shall at a minimum include types of employment that require the handling of cash or other valuable objects that may be transported upon the person of the applicant; and

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    83 place of business within the District of Columbia, or of any person more equal than others. All David Gregory's are comrades.

Or other states.. they are going to try the Maryland black code, bottom line its another challenge to may issue ... this time from the district..

Its about a clear an attempt to ensure a facial challenge I have ever seen. I hope they codiy it just as they plan. No wiggle room...

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    the statute codifies "good reason" (line 406):

Maybe you are seeing something here that I am missing... but from I read, it is no different than "good and substantial" here in Md... and I would wager that it would be interpreted the same by the courts... :tdown: ...but what do I know?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Maybe you are seeing something here that I am missing... but from I read, it is no different than "good and substantial" here in Md... and I would wager that it would be interpreted the same by the courts... :tdown: ...but what do I know?

Yep, same as MD. Which courts? They are split. Eventually we will hear from the one court that counts.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Bydefining it in detail they make attack on its face easier. Md avoids a clear defintion for that reason. Its also another circuit..

Liberals don't learn to good. If they were smart and came up with something new I would worry.

To liberals not stuck not challenged and upheld are the same. That's good for us.

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    Based on prior postings it appears that the judge might not be able to directly compel the DC legislature to pass shall issue but I see no reason he could not put the injunction back in place until such time as he was satisfied that the new law complied with his Palmer-based ruling. So they can pass may issue, but then DC becomes constitutional carry again.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Bydefining it in detail they make attack on its face easier. Md avoids a clear defintion for that reason. Its also another circuit..

Liberals don't learn to good. If they were smart and came up with something new I would worry.

To liberals not stuck not challenged and upheld are the same. That's good for us.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was thinking the same. I held out some hope that they would not codify G&S, that would have been the smart play.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    DC wants to continue the same racist Jim Crowe laws to keep minorities from owning/possessing a firearm for self defense or protecting their families!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom