• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    This has proudly been on the back of my HQL for 10 years.
    1700675838139.png

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Unfortunately there's no way Maryland is going to take this lying down. I suspect that this will be tied up in the courts for a long time to come.
    I cannot recall Maryland ever taking a loss that it did not appeal.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    $50 for the 1st 10 years then $20 for next 10 years. That’s not going to break the bank. The seminar/live firing with an LEO/Instructor I found truly helpful specially for the missus. Same sentiments shared by female goers in our class who had a lot of scenario questions to ask the LEO/Instructor. IMO the HQL is redundant as you would be going through another background check when buying a firearm anyway. So why 2 background checks with the HQL’s going to be outdated in 30 days time? I did it for the kicks of an HQL card that would have my photo and name on it that’s 2A specific in MD. No real time wasted being at the range with the missus doing some training together. Now will the HQL attainment process filter out crazies? No! Will it prevent bad guys from obtaining firearms illegally? No! Is the HQL as waste of time? Maybe! It’s just a thing that can be made unique to MD like Old Bay.
    Your privelege is showing. I'm glad that you spending $50 plus Around $100 for a course and $60 for fingerprints isn't any kind of burden for you. And having a CC and computer access and transportation to and from a range so you can randomly fire 1 round is no problem for you either. You do know that there isn't a single range in Baltimore city, right? The entire HQL scheme was designed and intended to impeded law abiding citizens from exercising a Constiturional right. You see people right here on this forum proudly stating F*** Maryland I didn't get an HQL! The HQL was a win win for the democrats here. Some people decided it just wasn't worth it and didn't buy any guns, the rest jumped through their hoops and wasted all that money.

Now, don't get me wrong, training is a great thing I just don't think it should be state mandated.
    I'm sure there's members here that don't really have a big problem with the "assault rifle" ******** or the mag limits either.
    They're just as wrong as you are. Giving in to little things here and there is what they love.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    $50 for the 1st 10 years then $20 for next 10 years. That’s not going to break the bank. The seminar/live firing with an LEO/Instructor I found truly helpful specially for the missus. Same sentiments shared by female goers in our class who had a lot of scenario questions to ask the LEO/Instructor. IMO the HQL is redundant as you would be going through another background check when buying a firearm anyway. So why 2 background checks with the HQL’s going to be outdated in 30 days time? I did it for the kicks of an HQL card that would have my photo and name on it that’s 2A specific in MD. No real time wasted being at the range with the missus doing some training together. Now will the HQL attainment process filter out crazies? No! Will it prevent bad guys from obtaining firearms illegally? No! Is the HQL as waste of time? Maybe! It’s just a thing that can be made unique to MD like Old Bay.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
    My opinion is that I disagree with nearly all of this.
    I would rather just bribe and buy my rights than go through the pretense that any of this is beneficial and not just a process to extort money and deny rights.
    I can easily afford the impositions...but fvck anyone with a "let them eat cake" mindset.

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    Though I do say the HQL is unconstitutional I do say we all should get some handgun training be it through family, friends or a class and this state collects enough so I am all for not paying $50 to MD.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    This has proudly been on the back of my HQL for 10 years.
    View attachment 441369

*****That's so cool!!! I wish I had done that!!

I was asked for a picture ID once at this MoCo shin dig chock full of Moms Demanding Some Action types that are usually just a bunch of screeching harpies that need some kind of "cause" in their lives because their lives are otherwise empty, etc..

It was a picnic at a housing development I own several units in and they needed ID to insure I was on their list of owners, etc.. so I handed the dumpy looking lady with the rats nest hair wearing sweats because her MuMu was probably in the laundry my HQL with my picture on it and she just *glared* at me like I had just called her a Conservative Republican Trump Supporter as well being FAT! :lol:

OMG, the lady said "We have children here at this picnic!" - emphasizing the "Children!" part! as if I am gonna just start opening fire on everyone.....:crazy:and I...who can be remarkably snarky, and happened to be with my property manager (a woman) said "We are both vegetarian!" :lol:

Yes, they let us in, but the look on that ladies face when she saw "Handgun Qualification Licence, State of Maryland" was *priceless*.... :lol2:

maxme.jpg

OP and D since MCMLXXV!

I can be an @$$HoLe! But i’m not a DoUcHeBaG!
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2019
    Harford County
    For all those fighting the fight, more power and God speed to you. My being ok with the HQL doesn’t mean i’m not obeying under protest. Doesn’t make sense to me to hold my breath with things related to the 2A and only start enjoying it when laws/rules/scenarios are textbook perfect to my liking. No more infringements. No more oppressors. There will always be that. While I can still see good and have the capability to squeeze a trigger, i’ll enjoy what I can, when I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom