• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    You guys got too much stuff.

Less is more.

It is so freeing.

I'm glad to have thinned the herd... Now, I only buy what I need on the way to the range where I only shoot paper target and NEVER silhouettes.

I wouldn't want anyone to mistake my intentions for crazy or violent.

Being a good "do bee" is really important.

We should have more people moving in the direction of less violence to include fewer guns and less ammo.:sad20::sad20::sad20::innocent0

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Just in case of a Zombie Apocalypse, you're going to need about 5000 rounds. Then you will need another 5000 rounds to hunt for your food until a new government can be formed and we all get on assistance. Then you will need another 5000 rounds to protect your assistance money from the other people that want more assistance than you. So without any recreational shooting, you will need a minimum of 15k rounds just to see you through.

Simple economics.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Simple math. I have 30 years left based on my life expectancy. At 365.25 days per year that's 10,957 days left for Dr. M. Worse case scenario would be one box of ammo (50 rounds) per day for a World WROL scenario (to cover hunting, training, defense, zombie eradication, shooting alien ships down, what have you)... rounding up a bit, that means I need to stockpile about 548 thousand rounds in various calibers to do those various jobs.... I told my wife, that I'll stop when I cross the half million mark :-)

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Just read on a shotgun forum, where it was asked "how many rounds a year do you shoot?", that several guys shoot 50,000 rounds a year. Wonder how big their ammo "cache" is?

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Va's Governor "Troubled" That Citizens Can Have "Caches" of Ammo

The Trouble with Muslim Bolsheviks...

Attachments

• If you give one of these.jpg
      If you give one of these.jpg
      62.4 KB · Views: 202
    Last edited:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Ha!

You're not the only one to call me OCD. Everything in our house has to have the labels facing forward. Doesn't matter if it's medicine, herbs or condiments, all labels must face forward.

This is just one of my pet peeves.

Yup I have it. And Tourette's runs in my family. I have a slight case- slight facial ticks of stressed. So when I go around doing the labels like you, I am yelling F*(@!!!! :)

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Just in case of a Zombie Apocalypse, you're going to need about 5000 rounds. Then you will need another 5000 rounds to hunt for your food until a new government can be formed and we all get on assistance. Then you will need another 5000 rounds to protect your assistance money from the other people that want more assistance than you. So without any recreational shooting, you will need a minimum of 15k rounds just to see you through.

Simple economics.

These numbers are more like it. I figure that it'll take 5-10,000 just to break out of Laurhell and get to Hancock, MD. If we get that far, the coast should be clear and occupied by mostly friendlies.

At the WVA line, I know that we will be home free and the trail clear to southwestern PA and the redoubt tucked up in the Hills.

Thoughts like this should only be in a dream, but I'm afraid the nightmare might just be around the corner, if the team of Asses take the reins in Nov.

I've experienced way too much change in 76 years.

Lew--Ranger63
    Korea, Vietnam (2), Germany

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013

Simple economics.

That's per family member, right? :)

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Yup I have it. And Tourette's runs in my family. I have a slight case- slight facial ticks of stressed. So when I go around doing the labels like you, I am yelling F*(@!!!! :)

I don't have OCD, I have CDO, which is OCD in alphabetical order, the way it should be.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa

Simple economics.

Sounds about right.... You were talking about .22 weren't you? :)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Just read on a shotgun forum, where it was asked "how many rounds a year do you shoot?", that several guys shoot 50,000 rounds a year. Wonder how big their ammo "cache" is?

Probably 500 or so ... but they are on the automatic delivery and billing program with Federal and Remington. Stops the delivery guy from having to carry too much weight on any one day. A 40 - 50lb package comes every day ... every day :party29::party29::party29:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    what will they do next, ban stocking up on TP because it is flammable and could be a fire hazard? Just ask him if he shops at COSTCO.

Hey, you need to delete that post immediately. You don't want to give them any more ideas. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom