"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Last edited:

SamW

Apr 2, 2007
    Western Md
    That my friends is a person that needs to be reminded what country he serves as a governor in. Also a refresher on the constitution may help some.

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    So How much ammo is considered a "Cashe". I have 140 rounds of 308, The Gov worrys about 322 rounds of ammo, As anyone knows its cheaper to buy in quanity. I have 100 rounds of .223 in the gunsafe and about 100 rounds of Tokevov. Damn I'm in trouble I'm at 340 and I have'nt even got to 9mm and my 550 round bulk box of 22lr ammo.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    "In general, Kaine said, he is troubled that Virginia law allows any individual to stockpile ammunition with no way for authorities to monitor the cache. Seung-Hui Cho, the Virginia Tech gunman, began his rampage with 377 rounds of ammunition, according to police."

Yes, because since gun control has failed miserably, then certainly trying to control ammunition will work. What an asswipe. Continuing with the same failed policies rather than thinking of real solutions.

Unfortunately I think you're seeing the Northeastern liberal influence continue to creep south. As the article said, it's northern Virginia that wants more gun laws. Even North Carolina is getting less pro-2nd Amendment.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    So How much ammo is considered a "Cashe". I have 140 rounds of 308, The Gov worrys about 322 rounds of ammo, As anyone knows its cheaper to buy in quanity. I have 100 rounds of .223 in the gunsafe and about 100 rounds of Tokevov. Damn I'm in trouble I'm at 340 and I have'nt even got to 9mm and my 550 round bulk box of 22lr ammo.

Yup, the ammo that Choi had was probably half simple .22 ammo for his P22, but we won't hear that part from Tim Kaine. Gives me chills to think he has a chance at the presidency someday. Up until I read this I was planning on supporting his presidential bid if it ever came. A 500 round box of .22 is nothing.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Yet, if you ask the Governor if he knows what the 2A means he'll probably say he does.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I store over 1500 rounds for the day the SHTF. Off the top of my head I know I have 400 40cal, 500 .223, 300, 12 gauge, 120 7.62x54, and cant even begin to cound .22s. Am I gonna get in trouble if I get caught?

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I store over 1500 rounds for the day the SHTF. Off the top of my head I know I have 400 40cal, 500 .223, 300, 12 gauge, 120 7.62x54, and cant even begin to cound .22s. Am I gonna get in trouble if I get caught?

As far as I remember, Maryland has no regulations on how much fixed ammo you can store only powder and primers. Look for this to change if our woosie politicians read about the Va. guvner and his hand-wringing worries about what this now dead nut-job had.

Also, I wouldn't go posting my inventory any more if I were you.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    As far as I remember, Maryland has no regulations on how much fixed ammo you can store only powder and primers. Look for this to change if our woosie politicians read about the Va. guvner and his hand-wringing worries about what this now dead nut-job had.

Also, I wouldn't go posting my inventory any more if I were you.

Whats the guideline on primer storage. I was considering buying a press and would like to make sure I obey the letter of the law before I invest in the equipment.

I seem to recall that 5lbs powder is the limit but don't recall hearing anything about primers.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Whats the guideline on primer storage. I was considering buying a press and would like to make sure I obey the letter of the law before I invest in the equipment.

I seem to recall that 5lbs powder is the limit but don't recall hearing anything about primers.

I can't seem to find any primer limits now but as I recall they were all geared to businesses. I may be thinking of the NFPA codes.

Yes, powder is 5 lbs of smokeless and 5 lbs of black powder without a license.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    i will never post my SHTF ammos (Never touch, no matter what) since I got plenty aside for my pleasure at the range, that reminds me to go visit my friend and stop by walmart to buy more ammo :)

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I keep 50 .177 pellets in my SHTF cache, as most of my real world SHTF scenarios involve raccoons. I missed last night and left a hole in my deck. :o

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    lol....

I've got over 6000 rounds of 6x6mm Full Plastic Jacket Ball Bullets for my semi, burst, and fully automatic *air*arms.

Not to mention several boxes of 12-gauge shells, a couple bricks of .22, 200 rds of 7.62x54R, a couple hundred rounds of 9mm Luger (dunno how much), 100 rounds of 9mm Makarov, and some other stuff. I'm pretty sure I have some .40 left... oh and a box of .30-30 which I have no use for but it's in my ammo box nonetheless...

OH CRAP I'M A CRAZED MANIAC! How about I buy ammo in bulk to save cash. Even if it's a few boxes at a time, I order it along with other supplies as to not be ripped off by these money-grubbing @sses here in moco charging $20 for a box of Fiocchi 9x18mm :sad20:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Well I won't talk about how much I own. Suffice it to say I love my Mosin Nagants. And 7.62x54r usually comes in 440 rd. tins. And it's fun to try different kinds of 7.62x54r........:)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Well, any ammo I have will likely be gone by next weekend. I don't go to the range to pop off just one magazine...

I HOPE these legislators aren't hoping we'll just stop 'hoarding' ammo and just buy it at the range... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom