• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JJakes

Aug 26, 2015
    If you applied and received a permit from NH, what was the reason you stated as why you need a permit in NH?

Can one just say personal safety/protection? Or do you need to be more specific?

Thanks!

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    If you applied and received a permit from NH, what was the reason you stated as why you need a permit in NH?

Can one just say personal safety/protection? Or do you need to be more specific?

Thanks!

I just put "Personal Protection" on my app.

Isaakb

Dec 15, 2015
    Northern Calvert County
    So there are no fingerprint requirements or anything like that? They just run your background check based on simple demographic data and PII? That's awesome. I think I'll be filling this out tonight and getting some passport photos made. Anybody have any good do it yourself passport photo locations. CVS charges you something like 15 dollars for two passport photos, but could you go in with your own photos and crop and size them appropriately?

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    So there are no fingerprint requirements or anything like that? They just run your background check based on simple demographic data and PII? That's awesome. I think I'll be filling this out tonight and getting some passport photos made. Anybody have any good do it yourself passport photo locations. CVS charges you something like 15 dollars for two passport photos, but could you go in with your own photos and crop and size them appropriately?

Just to make sure you are clear.

NH = No prints, photos or training. Just fill out the form and send it in. I believe they do run some sort of background check.

Utah = Training by Utah certified instructor, Prints and photo required. Utah does complete FBI background check.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

Thanks!
    On the back of the app it states licenses are issued for "PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES". That is exactly what I put.

Are you asking about New Hampshire only? No photos for New Hampshire if yes. If no, never mind.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yep. read the 2nd page of the application..

Attachments

• nh.jpg
      nh.jpg
      15.8 KB · Views: 268

Isaakb

Dec 15, 2015
    Northern Calvert County
    On the back of the app it states licenses are issued for "PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES". That is exactly what I put.

Are you asking about New Hampshire only? No photos for New Hampshire if yes. If no, never mind.

Yes, just NH. I am taking a Utah Class in September and I am assuming they will explain everything needed for Utah at the class.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Just to further confuse the situation, Pa has multiple statutes covering handgun carry where Md and most state have unified statute.

The Utah ( and most NR Permits) at present are not recognized for * Concealed * while on foot* . Any Permit from any US jurisdiction is good for carry within in vehicle, including concealed about person. Other than within City of Phila , upon exiting vehicle, may be carried openly.

I propose the former Virginia Tuck now be renamed the Pennsylvania Tuck.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    So PA is a no go

Would it benefit at all if I called local police in the states I will be traveling for vacation with the Utah CCW? Just to make certain I am good to go

Example:
    VA
    WVA
    DE
    NC
    SC
    Good to go with a Utah permit everywhere listed except SC. Vehicle carry only in SC.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JJakes

Aug 26, 2015
    The Utah ( and most NR Permits) at present are not recognized for * Concealed * while on foot* . Any Permit from any US jurisdiction is good for carry within in vehicle, including concealed about person. Other than within City of Phila , upon exiting vehicle, may be carried openly.

Let me see if I've got this:
    A non-resident permit from NH is easy to get but you can only carry in a car in PA and not on your person (walking around)?

So if the only states I'm thinking of carrying in are VA, WV and PA, WV has permit less carry, VA is open carry and PA doesn't recognize non-resident carry permits from NH or UT but I could carry in my car? Is that right?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    not quite. you may carry in your vehicle in PA with ANY state's permit, but only carry on foot with a permit PA gives reciprocity to, like NH.

Isaakb

Dec 15, 2015
    Northern Calvert County
    Let me see if I've got this:
    A non-resident permit from NH is easy to get but you can only carry in a car in PA and not on your person (walking around)?

So if the only states I'm thinking of carrying in are VA, WV and PA, WV has permit less carry, VA is open carry and PA doesn't recognize non-resident carry permits from NH or UT but I could carry in my car? Is that right?

None of this is confusing at all. :sad20:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Right. NH accepted for full CCW plus OC in Phila. Any Permit allows carry in cars as above. No Permit, transport handgun in car is even more restricted than Md ( smaller list of aproved destinations). You could OC, as long as you walked from the state line.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I just looked at the NH application and it seems easy as can be. Does anyone know if they've heard of someone not being approved? Did NH contact your references? Is this as easy as it seems?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom