• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Can't wait to take this course, never knew such an option existed...shame PA is only valid in state residents of Utah so on to the NH or TX option

So looks like I need MD, Utah, and NH to carry in places I'll be 99% of the time

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    good luck getting a MD permit.

Own a business and withdraw and deposit various amounts of money on a regular week to week basis. Work in generally unsafe areas over night. Getting ready to open up a second business that would require just as many cash desposits and withdraws

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Own a business and withdraw and deposit various amounts of money on a regular week to week basis. Work in generally unsafe areas over night. Getting ready to open up a second business that would require just as many cash desposits and withdraws

You have a pretty good shot at winning the License Lottery, IMO.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    So what happens if he carries in an area and time where his business is not involved. Something happens and he defends himself rightly so. How does Maryland see it? Since he was carrying outside the need that he applied for which was his businesses.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Doesn't have to be cash, can be checks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    You have a pretty good shot at winning the License Lottery, IMO.

Know of a few guys that are similar to myself and were able to get their carry permit. I always thought it was impossible and never bothered looking much into it but when carrying large amounts of cash more often than ever plus equipment/possessions around daily always made me feel like a potential risk and the world is not getting an less crazy. Particularly since I aim to work in areas next year not the safest and at hours that shares that very same commonality

So what happens if he carries in an area and time where his business is not involved. Something happens and he defends himself rightly so. How does Maryland see it? Since he was carrying outside the need that he applied for which was his businesses.

This is probably a great question and concern for all those who carry. I think we can all agree on the term judged by 12 carried by 6 would fit this well. Luckily for me I do business literally at all hours and places around my general vicinity

Doesn't have to be cash, can be checks.

Seriously? If so that is great to hear and even more reason for me to apply.. I just assumed cash only as that was all everyone mentioned thru usual conversation

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

with the usual restrictions of course.

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    Glad I saw this thread.
    I've had Utah for awhile and while I visit VA more, I didn't realize PA was no longer valid (luckily I wasn't carrying).

How long ago did PA revoke reciprocity? Any folks up there expect it to change?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    A couple of years ago.

The AG revoked it. Might or might not ever change.

but the good news is, NH no longer requires a home state permit, and it accepted in PA.

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    A couple of years ago.

The AG revoked it. Might or might not ever change.

but the good news is, NH no longer requires a home state permit, and it accepted in PA.

True. Just another $100 I guess.
    Would really be nice if there was a federal permit like a drivers license.
    Funny how the right to drive isn't listed in the bill of rights...guess I'm preaching to the choir here.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Had a scare the other day. Tried to renew my Utah permit on line and the program wouldn't allow me to complete the application; invalid permit it said. Called Utah and was told I'd have to retake their course because I had failed to renew my 2011 permit. I told the lady that was impossible because I was holding in my hand a Utah permit with an expiration date of Dec 2016. She turned me over to her supervisor who checked the system and confirmed that my permit was valid and that their end had failed to update my file. He did so, told me everything would work now, and it did. Two cordial state employees that knew their job and treated the caller like one should be treated. $15.75 and permit should be on its way any day. You might want to take heed, Maryland.

Applied on line - Oct 31st
    Permit received - Nov 11th :thumbsup:

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    44 days and nothing from Utah. Is that normal?

Your instructor should have informed you not to expect anything or inquire until 60 calendar days have passed.

Utah state law requires a decision within 60 days of "receipt".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Your instructor should have informed you not to expect anything or inquire until 60 calendar days have passed.

Utah state law requires a decision within 60 days of "receipt".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My instructor cautioned us not to inquire before 60 days had passed because the application would be further delayed due to pulling it for review.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Yes, please be patient. Utah BCI works hard, but they have 60 days from time of application receipt to approve/deny you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom