• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    She made it sound like NJ is going to get a serious smackdown.
    FIFY

Judge Renee Marie Blumb

Bumb_Renee_Marie0783-767x633.jpg

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Mark Smith usually makes good points, but at the end of the day he’s a YouTuber trying to drive engagement so that he can make some $$$. Not as sensational and click-bait-y as some like ArmedScholar, but most of what he posts could be summarized in 2 minutes.

Also, lawyers love the sound of their own voices and get paid to talk.
    100% agreed. That's why I prefer "so what's the summary?"

Him and ArmedScholar can both, almost always, have their 10-15 minute videos distilled down to about 2 minutes. Tops. It isn't just an engagement thing. YouTube ads. Past a certain length, they are guaranteed to have a pair of ads run. If your video is too short (under 7 minutes?) no guarantee of ads running during. So at best you might have ads at the start. So longer videos, but not too long, can usually keep people's attention for the whole thing without getting bored, and will have at least one set of ads run during (and maybe two sets, one at the start and one during). Of course even longer ones may have several sets of ads, but you are more likely to lose engagement unless its a real fascinating video.

So as a YouTuber if I make a 3 minute video, I might not get any ad revenue at all for it, because only sometimes will an ad show up at the start. If it is past the critical minimum, so long as someone watches the whole thing, I'll get ad revenue from every watch.

Of course only so long as I am not showing guns and shooting guns. Then YouTube will probably just demonetize the video. Meaning they run ads and keep ALL of the money. I am well aware of contract law, but that still seems like theft to me. Demonetize should mean YouTube doesn't run ads at all.

In summary, they do it largely to make more ad money. Some for engagement, but I find their stuff annoying because it's so much "let me set you up for the 2 minute ACTUAL news blurb". Not often real background info you need.
    Like one of Mr. Smith's latest one he spent a solid two minutes just talking about how there was a point in an earlier video he did that he thought to make, but he decided not to, but then a friend he told it to said he should have shared it, so he is going to share it, because he should have shared it in an earlier video, so here we go I am going to share this important other point my friend said I should share.

JESUS CHRIST JUST GET TO THE POINT!

So I usually avoid their stuff. Every once in awhile though.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It’s not Onlyfans level earnings, but some of these YouTubers are making serious coin. Long Island Audit and Amagansett Press have reportedly made $30k and even $40k+ per month. That depends on views, and others have looked at the analyticals and confirmed those as valid numbers. So as much as most of us try and stay away from conflict or controversy, they bank on it, literally.

Numbers were leaked a year or two ago of the top 500 YouTubers. The top 20 or 25, IIRC, were all well over a million a year. The top 100, number 100 was down to something like only $200k or so a year. Number 500 was only around like $50-80k a year.

That said, that is ONLY YouTube earning. It was also, I believe, an older internal YouTube document. So it came out maybe 2 years ago, but I think it was a year or so old (not many years old though).

That does not include endorsements. All of that "play world of tanks" minute or two or "brought to you by simpli safe" or whatever. Depending on popularity that can easily double or triple earnings. And some make most of it on endorsements and less on youtube views, because their thing is more niche. But in their niche, they are extremely popular. So maybe they only have a few tens of thousands of views per video totaling hundreds of dollars a month in YouTube ad revenue. But they might make a couple of thousands dollars a month in endorsement earnings.

Or money from other things, like appearing in videos, events IRL, branded clothes and gear, etc.

I mean, think about 22 Plinkster. No idea on his YouTube ad revenue. I suspect he has a lot of stuff demonetized knowing YouTube. But he probably makes some nice money from YouTube still. He has CCI branded ammo, and I can't imagine CCI branded it gratis. I can't imagine they are paying him millions, but I bet its tens of thousands. Even if it was just tens of thousands up front.

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Numbers were leaked a year or two ago of the top 500 YouTubers. The top 20 or 25, IIRC, were all well over a million a year. The top 100, number 100 was down to something like only $200k or so a year. Number 500 was only around like $50-80k a year.

That said, that is ONLY YouTube earning. It was also, I believe, an older internal YouTube document. So it came out maybe 2 years ago, but I think it was a year or so old (not many years old though).

That does not include endorsements. All of that "play world of tanks" minute or two or "brought to you by simpli safe" or whatever. Depending on popularity that can easily double or triple earnings. And some make most of it on endorsements and less on youtube views, because their thing is more niche. But in their niche, they are extremely popular. So maybe they only have a few tens of thousands of views per video totaling hundreds of dollars a month in YouTube ad revenue. But they might make a couple of thousands dollars a month in endorsement earnings.

Or money from other things, like appearing in videos, events IRL, branded clothes and gear, etc.

I mean, think about 22 Plinkster. No idea on his YouTube ad revenue. I suspect he has a lot of stuff demonetized knowing YouTube. But he probably makes some nice money from YouTube still. He has CCI branded ammo, and I can't imagine CCI branded it gratis. I can't imagine they are paying him millions, but I bet its tens of thousands. Even if it was just tens of thousands up front.
    I’ve seen it mentioned that Sean Paul Reyes of Long Island Audits was well over $1M last year, with his social media platforms, merchandise, and endorsements.

Having bodycam footage of an officer talking about “knocking your teeth out” “he’d be dead” and “I’d be the guy to do it” helped his numbers. Plus the arrest and trial in Connecticut. And the Hagerstown MD arrest. I believe that got a settlement already.

It’s crazy, because he is one of the saner and more respectful auditors. He does get excited at times, but only after he is in the midst of being violated. I just saw a video he did with a department about auditors. That was a smart leader that invited that kind of education and awareness. Funny thing is the LEO joked to not get arrested and miss the training opportunity, but the Hagerstown arrest happened 3 days before. So although he did make it, they were both concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom