• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    OMG he goes on and on and on as if he's making his standard hourly rate!! Spit it out, counselor. I don't have 37 minutes for you to draw it out!
    Agreed. All of his videos are like this and it's why my go-to is Armed Scholar. Both are attorneys, both explain the legal issues, but Armed gets to the point right up front and then lays out the "why" and does so much more quickly. Probably why he has almost a half million subscribers.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    Mark Smith usually makes good points, but at the end of the day he’s a YouTuber trying to drive engagement so that he can make some $$$. Not as sensational and click-bait-y as some like ArmedScholar, but most of what he posts could be summarized in 2 minutes.

Also, lawyers love the sound of their own voices and get paid to talk.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Agreed. All of his videos are like this and it's why my go-to is Armed Scholar. Both are attorneys, both explain the legal issues, but Armed gets to the point right up front and then lays out the "why" and does so much more quickly. Probably why he has almost a half million subscribers.

Heading there, now … :thumbsup:

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

U.S. District Court Renee Marie Bumb entered an order responding to a prior letter NJ defendants had written in the sensitive places cases of Siegel and Koons and Judge Bumb did not appear to be pleased with NJ.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I’m sure MoCo is watching and MGA is wondering what to say do now.
    In the sense that this entire exercise is about expressing the state majority's visceral hatred of its minority conservative demographic, no, they're neither watching nor caring one whit about what happens in NY or NJ or anywhere else. The state isn't even going to care about what happens in Montgomery County. Because it's not about doing the right, rational, let alone constitutional thing. It's never about that. It's about: you are bad, and it would be best if you were to shut up, or ideally be driven out of the state.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    this entire exercise is about expressing the state majority's visceral hatred of its minority conservative demographic, … it's not about doing the right, rational, let alone constitutional thing. It's never about that.
    I will have to quote you on that and give you credit for it. It is clear and concise.

243hunter

Oct 26, 2012
    Illinois
    Mark Smith usually makes good points, but at the end of the day he’s a YouTuber trying to drive engagement so that he can make some $$$. Not as sensational and click-bait-y as some like ArmedScholar, but most of what he posts could be summarized in 2 minutes.

Also, lawyers love the sound of their own voices and get paid to talk.
    Mark is long winded and Armed scholar is click baity Personally I can't stand either one.

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Mark Smith usually makes good points, but at the end of the day he’s a YouTuber trying to drive engagement so that he can make some $$$.

It’s not Onlyfans level earnings, but some of these YouTubers are making serious coin. Long Island Audit and Amagansett Press have reportedly made $30k and even $40k+ per month. That depends on views, and others have looked at the analyticals and confirmed those as valid numbers. So as much as most of us try and stay away from conflict or controversy, they bank on it, literally.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    armed scholar is good but he is like a friggin nascar car-- full of ads and call outs. just tell me what I need to know and not all the sales pitches, bruh

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    So can anyone give a succinct explanation of the judge's response?
    My understanding is that the judge basically told NJ to back off - the timeline is the timeline they agreed to, the judge is sifting through a couple thousand pages of stuff submitted, and that NJ has some gaps in their submissions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom