• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    SB 281 allows transport of "banned" weapons that were owned before Oct 1, including those from out of state.Residency is a different matter. Why don't people read the f'ing bill?

Not trying to pick on you... but why so sensitive? The guy asked an honest question. If you think it's a dumb one, just ignore the thread. Not everyone has 40 hrs a week to keep up with this stuff. I won't say there aren't dumb questions posted from time to time, but isn't one of the points of this board to offer clarification and advice among our peer group. Just saying... ;)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Look at my post count. Many of them are helpful and informative. My gripe was not with the OP. It was with the person who spouts off incorrect info because they don't for whatever reason bother to read the new bill, but go around spouting off these incorrect statements as "facts".

A friend of mine who is a collector says that we will not be able to transport an AR or AK or any of the other evil long guns to a range ect after OCT 1, any truth in this?

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    Either the person who made the incorrect statement appreciates his being corrected about his misinformation or was/is intentionally attempting to mislead the uninformed on here. Either way, his incorrect statement was readily corrected. I would venture to guess that there are going to be many more of these type of questions before the SB281 smoke clears. While I appreciate the vast knowledge base on this site, I do not necessarily take everything as gospel.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That's why reading the bill yourself is one of the best options. You can ask for clarification if you get confused after the fact.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There is nothing in any MD statute about separating guns and ammo, other than loaded magazines not being in the firearm. And nothing that says you carry proof of the purchase date. That burden falls on the state if they want to prosecute you IMO.

IANAL.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What papers? I keep my receipts at home? Am I "REQUIERED" to provide proof of purchase at the scene?

No papers needed. You are not required to provide proof of purchase. It will be a few more years before MD LEO start and encounter with citizens with the line "papers please"

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    MSP will be trained to ask this in German.

Papiere bitte

I think they should wear some of these bad-ass jack boots, too....

220px-JackbootsHouseholdCavalry.jpg

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I doubt they will say "please".

Kind of like the Mo Co cop who after an accident observed the victim was wearing a range badge. They pressed for a search and found mags with remaining rounds seperate from the firearms and confiscated the guns and charged the owner. You have no rights in MD.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Kind of like the Mo Co cop who after an accident observed the victim was wearing a range badge. They pressed for a search and found mags with remaining rounds seperate from the firearms and confiscated the guns and charged the owner. You have no rights in MD.

He had a right to refuse the search, which he didn't do.

Bad move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom