• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The actual charge in MD case search says he's charged with possession of a rifle/shotgun while being prohibited for a mental disorder (public safety 5-205). Also charged with ammo possession by a prohibited person. I think there is more here than just being caught with a prohibited scary black rifle.

As if transporting guns like this through Maryland is not certifiable enough.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Don't know how someone figured out he's in the Navy but....18 year old farm boy from Nebraska joins the Navy. Somewhere along the way he buys firearms. He's legal in NH and VA. How is he supposed to know how to properly transport his firearms? Not everyone has access to this great forum or one like it.

45 years ago I was that young dumb sailor and used to regularly travel between Maryland and Pennsylvania with a 30-30 and or a shotgun in an easy rider rifle rack in my pickup.
    `

chucks

Sep 30, 2010
    The times certainly have changed. Back in the 60's I used to travel via plane between Ohio and Wisconsin often and change planes in Chicago flying with my 12 gauge shotgun and 30.06 rifle in unlocked cases next to my seat and ammunition in my carry on bag. Stupid kid didn't know anything about gun laws. I didn't even know there were any. Try that today!

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I wonder if the evidence gets tossed with the recent SCOTUS Rodrigeuz V US opinion?

Why would a case that has nothing in common with the other lead to it being tossed?

SCOTUS didn't even toss the case...they sent it back to the lower courts to decide if there was reasonable suspicion for the continued detention prior to the K9 scan.

SCOTUS just ruled you can stop someone for speeding, *THINK* they have drugs, and wait for a K9 to arrive.

If you have reasonable suspicion there are drugs in the car the further detention is likely to be found reasonable.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    The actual charge in MD case search says he's charged with possession of a rifle/shotgun while being prohibited for a mental disorder (public safety 5-205).

Yeah, it's stupid. It's just the charge "name" given to that article and section in the District Court's Charging Document Language that officers use to complete the charging document and commissioner's use to scan the charge into their system during the bail hearing. It's actually the list all of the prohibiting factors under that "name". Why they chose "mental disorder" to encompass all of them, who knows?

Here ya go, page 448 if you're interested :)

http://www.courts.state.md.us/district/charginglanguage.pdf

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    another from today

On 4/22/2015 at approximately 0835hrs Troopers from the Princess Anne Barrack were working traffic enforcement at U.S. Rt 13 and Dukes Lane Somerset County. Sr Tpr Zimmerman stopped a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck for exceeding the posted speed limit of 55 doing 81MPH. Sr Tpr Zimmerman made contact with the driver a lone occupant of the vehicle identified by his Colorado license as Adam Thomas Jordan a white male 31 years of age. Jordan appeared highly anxious during the stop. Investigation revealed Jordan was in possession of a black Springfield armory XDM .40 Cal semi-auto handgun loaded with 13 rounds of .40 cal ammunition. Also located in the vehicle was an AK 47 Rifle loaded with a 40 rounds of 7.62X39 hollow point ammunition. Both Weapons were not registered. Jordan was placed under arrest and after processing was transported to the Somerset County Commissioner reference for the charge of transporting a loaded handgun in vehicle. All above events occurred in Somerset county MD.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    Link ? Was there a probable cause stated. Besides just not being registered was he prohibited from having the guns. I want more info

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom