• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Not me. Don't care about stats.

I will say one thing about LEO's and "issues".. Wives and girlfriends have no problem calling 911 or the office saying their other half "threatened them with their pistol". Now if some of those things lead to arrests and make "stats" before they are adjudicated, then that could be a thing.

However, if your stat is correct, there were 7 cops who had incidents when this incident happened. That is impossible.
    I'm trying to source the 7:1 ratio info for both quality and quantity. What is an "incident" that qualifies? It's similar to the whole "mass shooting" thing. The goalposts are in constant motion.

Billyb

MDS Supporter
    Nov 7, 2022
    Towson

When the just-released “Concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the United States: 2018” report dissected figures from Texas and Florida, it determined, “… permit holders are convicted of misdemeanors and felonies at less than a sixth of the rate for police officers.” The trend isn’t confined to two regions, either. “[T]he data are similar in other states,” according to the Crime Prevention Research Center’s (CPRC) report.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    The lack of carrying a firearm with out a permit could be as simple as they cant prove he was carrying it loaded and on his person. The video shows him walking up with it in his hand.
    The video showed him drawing it out of his waistband and I don't believe there's a difference as to whether it's loaded or not.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    This guy should do some time with a psychiatrist. He was so over the top I thought it was faked.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    He drew it from a fanny pack. He should be charged for wearing a fanny pack in public, in daylight, in 2023.

The video showed him drawing it out of his waistband and I don't believe there's a difference as to whether it's loaded or not.
    From what I saw it looked like he just had it against his leg. I could be wrong, but you both saw something different as well.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    From what I saw it looked like he just had it against his leg. I could be wrong, but you both saw something different as well.
    Look at the screen grab pics in post # 12. Fanny pack. Possibly. Maybe an Enigma holster? Video is too fast to be sure.

Last edited:

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Look at the screen grab pics in post # 12. Fanny pack.
    I just rewatched it. It looks like it it could be in his waist or maybe a fanny pack. But still not 100% sure. The video starts just as he does what ever he does, and I do see something. but I can see it arguable in court.

But lets agree they wont charge him with that and they have plenty of other things to charge him and he will plea bargain down to the lowest one.

Beefcube

Sammich King
    Mar 15, 2011
    Westminster

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Well I found out today he was a catch and release, already out of jail. I dont know if it was bail or personal recog.

I also know he not a member of my club, and therefore did not take the CCW class with us either.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Well I found out today he was a catch and release, already out of jail. I dont know if it was bail or personal recog.

I also know he not a member of my club, and therefore did not take the CCW class with us either.

****Yea, just for giggles I ran his name through our list of W&C class graduates and he didn't come through us either, nor is he a member of our range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom