• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Appalachian has a new show next weekend at Charles County Fairgrounds, they also continue to hold the Annapolis show and added the Kent Island show. Seems weird to add venues if sales suck. I am wondering if the PA shows are just siphoning off from the Timonium Shows, that coupled with lower sales due to last years Md. rush.
    I hope the Southern Md. show is a success, it will make up for losing Upper Marlboro.

Not weird at all. The promoters need to expand venues to make up for all the loss revenue from the lack of customers and vendors at the current venues..

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Sat am an older fellow in line to get his hand stamped wanted what seemed to be his left hand rather than his right hand stamped, the people taking money were not having that! I did not catch it all but as he went in they were saying they did not need any customers like that. Glad they are doing that well. They seemed rude, to me, to a customer who could have been purchasing long before they were born. I sensed an attitude? No offense meant by me posting this.
    It was slow, did get to talk to Shooters though, they are usually busy. I Went for powder lol.

jjsat

Apr 14, 2014
    Montgomery Co., MD
    Sat am an older fellow in line to get his hand stamped wanted what seemed to be his left hand rather than his right hand stamped, the people taking money were not having that! I did not catch it all but as he went in they were saying they did not need any customers like that. Glad they are doing that well. They seemed rude, to me, to a customer who could have been purchasing long before they were born. I sensed an attitude? No offense meant by me posting this.
    It was slow, did get to talk to Shooters though, they are usually busy. I Went for powder lol.

I noticed the same "attitude" at the front door as well. This was my first time going to Timonium and I prolly wont be back for awhile. I sensed that most of the vendors were really trying to make the best of the situation and engage people as they went by a table. I also stopped and talked with Mopar and Lou.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I noticed the same "attitude" at the front door as well. This was my first time going to Timonium and I prolly wont be back for awhile. I sensed that most of the vendors were really trying to make the best of the situation and engage people as they went by a table. I also stopped and talked with Mopar and Lou.

That makes three of us that noticed. The two guys at the entrance table definitely had a bad attitude.

Left empty handed, but also talked to Lou & Mopar, and then wife and I went to eat at Andy Nelson's BBQ. Awesome food. :thumbsup:

Jul 13, 2014
    I did not pay attention to the attitude but also left empty handed. Feels like gun shows in MD are the dying breed. Nothing really to look at. Really high prices comparing to PA or VA. Oh yes. Stopped by Chad at Fox Firearms. Picked up a lower. He was great.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The disturbing thing about that pic is that there are no bodies behind Lou.

Is the show really that dead?

You would not believe how slow the show was. I think there were less than 100 cars in the front parking lot. I was there for 2 hours and it reminded me of a Sunday between 2:30 and 3pm. Sloooooooooow.

Jim Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My observation of the show. I had money to spend but walked out with nothing. Not even a good supply of AR15 parts. My son was hungry, so we ate day old roast beef. All in all, it was the worst Timonium show by far.

Jim Smith

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I would have gone, but didn't have the time this weekend. I had a wedding to plan, a wife to murder and Gilder to blame it on, I'm swamped.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Not weird at all. The promoters need to expand venues to make up for all the loss revenue from the lack of customers and vendors at the current venues..

I don't know, but I bet they aren't making a profit on shows like this last Timonium event. If they can't make money at an existing event, how are they going to make a new location profitable right off the bat. Seems like a bad business model to expand when sales fall off, unless they believe the location is the problem.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I would have gone, but didn't have the time this weekend. I had a wedding to plan, a wife to murder and Gilder to blame it on, I'm swamped.

I really thought about asking for my $24 back it was so bad. But with the way things are, I blame the promoter for not advertising the show. Nothing on the radio, no billboards, nothing.

Jim Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't know, but I bet they aren't making a profit on shows like this last Timonium event. If they can't make money at an existing event, how are they going to make a new location profitable right off the bat. Seems like a bad business model to expand when sales fall off, unless they believe the location is the problem.

The promoter doesn't care about sales, unless you are talking about the number of tables that he sells. He could care less about the vendor's bottom line. His money is made by selling tables. The little bit of money taken in at the door, $8 each, is chump change compared to the cost of tables.

Sure, the door probably pays for his help during a regular show, but his bread and butter is table sales.

Jim Smith

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Found the deal of the show!

adec1a0290d251cac984c50825b0c1cb.jpg

Sent from my hut using carrier squirrels

It's a trap!!
    You would def loose on the cost of food alone, not to mention your hand lotion bill would triple.:D:D

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I saw knock-off magpul rear sights...

There were some decent prices on HBARs around, but ammo wasn't much different than what you'd find at a local store.

It's a shame, but I don't think this will be the MO for too long.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    The Mosin ammo price was good but I did not need any.
    Lots of stuff especially used stuff by the small table vendors I thought was WAY overpriced. They must like bringing their stuff back and forth to the shows. Maybe this is a social event for them?

I did get a knife I was looking for.

Who were those guys with the tables in the back-right (NW) corner? Some dim-bulb there tried to convince me that all guns sold in MD now had to have an external manual safety, even new revolvers, then started talking about the handgun roster and compliance and - well, I don't know how far he'd have gone with it if I hadn't told him he was full of sh_t and the guy I took to be the owner cut him off.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    The venders were very engaging. I had a good time talking with them. I understand if they are talking they are not making sales but I liked it.

I also picked up a Hi Standard Bullseye pistol at a very good price.

I had a great time

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Trying to keep optimistic I will stop by La Plata next weekend. First Gun Show sign I saw was inside the fair grounds not visible from the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom