• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    C&R Hanguns? At a Maryland show?? Nice ~ except for that pesky 8-day C&R wait :sarcasm:
    But I donn't think they are a MD dealer ;)

If I am correct then you could check out the gun in person and ask them to hold it for you until you can pay for it and when they go back to their out of state location (assuming they are in Fla as their business card says), then they could ship directly to us C&R FFLs these C&R WWII handguns.

Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007
    How about powder and primers? Any dealers worth talking to?

Got 1K large & small CCI Rifle Primers for $30 a pop. Didn't price powder since I get that in PA :innocent0

There were very over priced C & R rifles, an example being refurbed Mosins for $70 more than Keep Shooting was offering to MD Shooters.

Aside from primers I got some parts and this'n that stuff. It wasn't anything like a York show.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I have a pistol I might want to sell. Is it worth bringing it up there or will most of the dealers not give me sh!t for it? I'll probably just wind up selling here on the board but if I can sell at the show I could avoid all the MSP hassle...

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I'm thinking of going but it seems like prices are still high at the MD shows. I may just hold out for the Chantilly show in Feb.

Let me tell you something...20 years ago 80% of anything you could buy at a gun show was at a better price then you could get over the counter. Today 90% of anything you can buy at a guns show is marked at a higher price then over the counter.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    How about powder and primers?

I took a break from working the MSI table and got some small pistol primers all the way in the back, center for $35...1# of Bullseye for $24. Then when I walked back to the MSI table and passed the Precision ?, (black banner that faces south, has wooden furniture on the ar-15's), they had small pistol primers for $32...didn't see any powder there.

It was not what I consider to be a "good" show, but it was better than I expected due to the negative reviews I had heard. Most of those people were too proud of their stuff, but there were a few deals here and there.

I picked up a nice tactical bag for my AR and some .380 ammo ($17/box). Also got some Nutterz, of course. Also joined MSI, and I hope to attend the open holster event. It was nice to meet you guys, even though I dont remember who you were, except Novus. (I am extremely crappy with names).

I don't care you forgot any names...you remembered MSI and signed up.

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    I spent most of my money at Indian Rivers for 1911 parts and a hoslter. Other than than, I was not impressed. Prices for guns were overall very high and I couldn't find any Class 3 or an FAL - which I was hopeful of checking out. Even ammo seemed a little pricey for my tastes. On the plus side, Shooters Discount had M1A's for $1450 - too bad I'm still under a waiting period on my 1911. God forbid - if I bought an assault weapon today, I probably would have committed some ghastly crime! :sarcasm:

Get the Designated Collector Letter.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Hmmm, i didnt see any of the MSI guys there. Bmore nuts is at the show. My dads working until 4:30 today when i get off of work and get down there. Right behind Sharpshin knives.

Theres a guy next to me whos selling 20 rd magazines. Give him some business guys if you can, hes just starting.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Huh? C&R isn't ANY wait of you have the C&R 03 FFL, or is it?

For a handgun your gonna still have to go all the paperwork n the 7 day wait. Done in the state of ur residence the deal is intrastate and the laws of MD supercede the federal. Now if they are in Fl and ur here that is interstate and falls under federal laws where ur 03 FFl is all u need

I'm gonna go up tommorow haven't been to a show in a few months. Go do some browsing maybe get some targets n a bore light from top hat. And some .30 carbine or 12 gauge LE slugs if the price is right

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    For a handgun your gonna still have to go all the paperwork n the 7 day wait. Done in the state of ur residence the deal is intrastate and the laws of MD supercede the federal. Now if they are in Fl and ur here that is interstate and falls under federal laws where ur 03 FFl is all u need

I'm gonna go up tommorow haven't been to a show in a few months. Go do some browsing maybe get some targets n a bore light from top hat. And some .30 carbine or 12 gauge LE slugs if the price is right

Buy a C&R pistol via the web - have it shipped to your door - end of the problem.

7 day wait applies otherwise.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Buy a C&R pistol via the web - have it shipped to your door - end of the problem.

7 day wait applies otherwise.

Or just goto a PA gunshow. Nothing like walking out with a shiny piece of historical aweasomeness and feeling like a real american.. Atleast till u hit the md border again

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Hmmm, i didnt see any of the MSI guys there. Bmore nuts is at the show. My dads working until 4:30 today when i get off of work and get down there. Right behind Sharpshin knives.

Theres a guy next to me whos selling 20 rd magazines. Give him some business guys if you can, hes just starting.
    MSI table is in a corner near by the restroom, or one of them.

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    MSP is of the belief that if buying C&R handguns while in MD then C&R FFLs must do the seven day wait and such, but we do not have to when recieving one from out of state to the address on our license.

Don't know - never sold a C&R handgun. I do know that they ship them overnight right to my door and that ain't much of a wait :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom