• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ezeerider

Mount Airy, Marylandistan
    Feb 10, 2009
    Mount Airy, Md.
    Nice pick up.VZ-24's are wonderful rifles.What model of Mosin?

He got a 91/30, still had most of its bluing... wood just had slight scratches in the finish.... no gouges. Got the pouches, sling, cleaning kit and all that good stuff. The action felt nice and smooth and the trigger even felt good. I think he made a very good purchase.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Yes, the bayonet came with it. But we shot it without it mounted. How does the bayonet being mounted affect how the sights work? Is part of the front sight on the bayonet?

It is not the sights which it affects, but I think it has to do with effecting "barrel whip" which can cause a slight change in point of aim...I think.

AlbanianSKS

Mounting the bayonet on or off changes barrel harmonics,or "whip".The russian way of battle was mounted bayonet all the time, ala charge formation.Ever seen the old videos of the russians just all running at once.Thats what they did and the Mosins were sighted in accordingly to hit dead on with the bayonet on.If you dont have it on it will shoot high and right.Same with M-44,extend the bayonet and it will hit dead center.

pasayan73

May 31, 2009
    laurel, md
    i went last saturday with my son 8 yo and daughter 7yo. this is the first time i brought them to the gun show. i want them to be exposed to firearms as early as possible. they were enjoying the first hour but, after awhile they were complaining to go home. anyways, i stopped at the bmore nutz, met slimjim and redneck bought 2 bags. bacon cheddar is good. for the show itself, it was crowded, selection of firearms not too bad but, the prices are discouraging. i'd wait to go a local gun store and will get better deal.
    iam definitely going to the chantilly, va. show.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    thought there was more vendors there then usually

picked up a lansky knife sharpener, I am sure I over paid but the guy spent at least 10+ mins showing me how to use it and was very knowledgeable about it and knives.

also got a Moss 590A1 with ghost sites - the price was comparable to online prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom