Open to The Public 4 Day show- January 14, 15, 16, 17 2010
    Thursday 3pm to 8pm
    Friday 12pm to 8pm
    Saturday 9am to 8pm
    Sunday 9am to 3pm
    Admission is $7.00 for anyone 12 and up
    Parking is Free

"The Big 4 Day Show - Don't miss the best show in Maryland"
    This show is in conjunction with the Giant Fishing show 2 shows on the fairgrounds at the same time

Website has $1 Off Coupon
    http://newsite.appalachianpromotions.com/Default.aspx?tabid=57

Maryland Shall Issue is going to have a table there. I will be at that table for some of it, but some other MDShooters members will also be volunteering at the table to recruit and educate Maryland gun owners.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    We'll be there Sat am after meeting for B-fast. For $6 I'll walk around and waste some time looking for shell trays and other little goodies.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I was gonna go to Timonium but after reading your posts...prob not.
    Where's the gun show in Frederick???

The last Timmonium show was pretty decent. Sure thre are a lot of knives and some flea market stuff, but there are going to be about 600 tables and there will still be a lot of guns.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    A bunch of us were there at the MSI table for most of the show (some for the whole show). I saw some incredible C&R handguns and such, but without maybe haggling on price some prices were the usual high.
    I however did see some good deals I wish I could have afforded.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Alot of guns mostly a little on the high side on price but with looking around some deals are out there.
    Got some Bmore nutz for the first time and yes they do put crack in them to get you addicted. Damn there good. :)

racinghoss

Missing Alaska
    Nov 3, 2008
    It was not what I consider to be a "good" show, but it was better than I expected due to the negative reviews I had heard. Most of those people were too proud of their stuff, but there were a few deals here and there.

I picked up a nice tactical bag for my AR and some .380 ammo ($17/box). Also got some Nutterz, of course. Also joined MSI, and I hope to attend the open holster event. It was nice to meet you guys, even though I dont remember who you were, except Novus. (I am extremely crappy with names).

olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    I had to work the boat show today but slipped in to catch the last half hour and ran around like mad. I will be going back tommorrow when I have more time. I was was only able to see half the tables before people started covering stuff up. Most of the guns I am in the market for were EXTREMELY overpriced. And I don't mean by $100 bucks either. I really was amazed. I am all for letting the Md shops make a decent living, just ask my dealer, I have helped him pay rent on more than a few occassions, but what I saw was pure rape. There were fair priced tables there, just not many. Having said that, I support this show 100%. I will go tommorrow and probably every year thereafter. I enjoy looking at guns and talking to the freinds at certain dealers I know. It is well worth it to me. I would pay double the admission simply for the entertainment and enjoyment value. I love going to the show and just checking stuff out, sometimes I get lucky and find a deal. People spend money to go to boat shows, car shows, home shows, etc. just to check stuff out. I would much rather spend the 7 bucks on the doing something I like than going to the movies, to each thier own. If you like guns, and look at it that way, it can be fun to go. At minimum its a great place to check stuff out in person, all in one place, so you can make an educated decision once you do decide to purchase a new gun. :D

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I really wanted to go tommorow afternoon but I am seriously having second thoughts about not because of what im reading about the first day and the super high prices and lack of anything worth seeing. Then again I might just print out a coupon and just go take a look for 6$, or wait till sunday and hope for more normal pricing when they see that nothing is moving.

AlbanianSKS

I used to do the same thing and wait untill the last day to go to shows.It doesnt really matter,they never really drop prices.The only ones Ive ever seen drop prices were private collectors that really didnt feel like packing it all up.Ive never seen a dealer drop any prices.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I spent most of my money at Indian Rivers for 1911 parts and a hoslter. Other than than, I was not impressed. Prices for guns were overall very high and I couldn't find any Class 3 or an FAL - which I was hopeful of checking out. Even ammo seemed a little pricey for my tastes. On the plus side, Shooters Discount had M1A's for $1450 - too bad I'm still under a waiting period on my 1911. God forbid - if I bought an assault weapon today, I probably would have committed some ghastly crime! :sarcasm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom