• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Until MD recognizes UT, all of this is irrelevant. The UT law has both stipulations

1. Home state issuance.
    2. recognition of UT permit.

If one or both are not met, you're OK.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    You are correct. I had a disconnect between my brain and my fingers.

If you apply between now and 12:01am on August 8th and CA4 issues a stay before the 8th, you will lose your money and your application will be denied.

If you apply now and there is no stay before the order lifting the temporary stay takes effect, your application will be processed without regard to G&S.

Understood. But what if you apply on the 9th and CA4 issues a stay on the 13th?

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    Here's a question...

Don't you think that Gansler, in the knowledge that the stay may well be overturned by Judge Legg, would have had a request for stay pending judgement all written and ready to be filed with CA4 IMMEDIATELY the good Judge lifted his stay?

Why hasn't it been filed by now as he must know he's running out of time?

FRISteve

Apr 2, 2012
    Dover, PA
    I'm trying to sort this out

If this goes through to the 7th with no 4CA stay, what happens to those with permits that have restrictions (based on G&S)? At first blush, I could see the restrictions as being no longer being enforceable, but, on the other hand, the permit was obtained with G&S during the time frame when G&S was the law.

Anyone care to comment?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    If this goes through to the 7th with no 4CA stay, what happens to those with permits that have restrictions (based on G&S)? At first blush, I could see the restrictions as being no longer being enforceable, but, on the other hand, the permit was obtained with G&S during the time frame when G&S was the law.

Anyone care to comment?

You have to request your restrictions be lifted by the MSP, $10 and a new picture.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Here's a question...

Don't you think that Gansler, in the knowledge that the stay may well be overturned by Judge Legg, would have had a request for stay pending judgement all written and ready to be filed with CA4 IMMEDIATELY the good Judge lifted his stay?

Two possibilities.

His ego went to his head...again

He's afraid of a second loss on a stay, which would hurt his merits case

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS

Anyone care to comment?

request lift of restrictions - or if your permit is work/business based then apply for an additional unrestricted personal permit

FRISteve

Apr 2, 2012
    Dover, PA
    request lift of restrictions - or if your permit is work/business based then apply for an additional unrestricted personal permit

I agree that that was the old way - but if G&S can't exist per Legg, then no permit should have restrictions. Therefore, do those permits with restrictions still actually have enforceable restrictions?

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Here's a question...

These are not boilerplate. The standard for getting the stay at the 4th has to include a claim that Judge Legg "abused discretion". It's hard to say that here. They'd have to dig in deep and come up with something that suggests he was grossly out of line with the law. Esq might be able to give more info, but it appears a steep climb to make.

They are probably sitting around hashing ideas now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom