• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I'm not sure if anyone commented yet, but I'm guessing this ruling will also affect our ability to get a Utah CCW. I believe Utah requires you to have a CCW from your home state if it's a shall issue state. Since Maryland is moving from might to shall issue, will people need their MD license before applying for the Utah one?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No the UT law contains two requirements. The one you mentioned and that the state must recognize the UT permit. MD doesn't currently recognize any other state's permits. We're still fine.

IANAL or a UT CCW instructor.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I'm not sure if anyone commented yet, but I'm guessing this ruling will also affect our ability to get a Utah CCW. I believe Utah requires you to have a CCW from your home state if it's a shall issue state. Since Maryland is moving from might to shall issue, will people need their MD license before applying for the Utah one?

There was a post about how this worked in Wisconsin. Utah will require your homestate permit AFTER the stay is fully lifted. Those who get their app's in before the stay is lifted or already have Utah permits should be OK.

FRISteve

Apr 2, 2012
    Dover, PA
    No the UT law contains two requirements. The one you mentioned and that the state must recognize the UT permit. MD doesn't currently recognize any other state's permits. We're still fine.

IANAL or a UT CCW instructor.

UT law doesn't care about shall or may issue. If your state recognizes a UT permit, then you must have a permit from your home state to apply for a UT non-resident permit.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I'm doing it today. I'm on vacation on August and the only difference will be if the 4th issues a stay which I know read as not likely.

read MSI recommendation.. wait till after the lift.

if they recieved it before the lift takes effect.. its considered as old law and more likely deny it.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    read MSI recommendation.. wait till after the lift.

if they recieved it before the lift takes effect.. its considered as old law and more likely deny it.

Absent MD filing for and receiving a stay from CA4, MSP has said that they will deny applications without G&S until 12:01am August 8th. They will cash your check the day it is received and you will lose the money.

Edit: This is assuming 1) you have applied between yesterday and August 8th and 2) CA4 grants a motion from MD requesting a stay, something MD has not done as of this posting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom