• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Many of you are missing what I believe to be the most troublesome aspect of the fingerprinting... At least two Supreme Court cases have held that the government can't compel you to give your fingerprints without at least probable cause to believe that you committed a crime. The Supreme Court has also held that we have a right to possess a handgun. Essentially, this new MD law says that we must pick and choose out rights... we can either have our 4th amendment rights or our 2nd amendment rights, but not both.

I quote Nancy Reagan, "Just Say No!"

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD

Another form of I-M-ing

I tried to pose a legitimate question in a light-hearted manner, and you sidestepped the question. :sad20:

So, which dealer is bumping prices by 30 percent above the distributor? It's your number, where did it come from? I'm sure many readers here would be interested in knowing.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I tried to pose a legitimate question in a light-hearted manner, and you sidestepped the question. :sad20:

So, which dealer is bumping prices by 30 percent above the distributor? It's your number, where did it come from? I'm sure many readers here would be interested in knowing.

The last Timonium Gun Show was a rip off joint for the uninitiated.

People will remember which FFL's are honest and which FFL's are crooks.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Distributor bumps 3 percent. Then the Dealer bumps 30 percent.

Kind of like an 8 day wait turning into an 80 day wait.

I thought the Metric System was supposed to be in Europe.

Have you run a business? Do you have any idea of the costs of doing so?

In service (people/time) businesses, the cost of doing business is somewhere over 100% of what you pay the person doing the work.

Things like FICA, Medicare, business insurance, cost of space, electricity, phones, stationary, advertising, etc, etc, etc.

And businesses pay higher rates for many things versus a home. Phones run some 10 TIMES the personal use rate.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Have you run a business? Do you have any idea of the costs of doing so?

In service (people/time) businesses, the cost of doing business is somewhere over 100% of what you pay the person doing the work.

Things like FICA, Medicare, business insurance, cost of space, electricity, phones, stationary, advertising, etc, etc, etc.

And businesses pay higher rates for many things versus a home. Phones run some 10 TIMES the personal use rate.

Yes I have, but thank you for lesson.

Are you saying that $850.00 is a fair price to pay for a Remington 870 12 gauge PUMP ACTION with a bunch of black plastic crap glued all over it?

Just answer the question. PLEASE!!!

Try selling a 500 dollar generator for 5,000 dollars after a storm hits and see what happens.

This is a crisis too and SOME FFL's are out to screw people over because SOME people are panic buying.

IT'S WRONG!!!

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Yes I have, but thank you for lesson.

Are you saying that $850.00 is a fair price to pay for a Remington 870 12 gauge PUMP ACTION with a bunch of black plastic crap glued all over it?

Just answer the question. PLEASE!!!

Try selling a 500 dollar generator for 5,000 dollars after a storm hits and see what happens.

This is a crisis too and SOME FFL's are out to screw people over because SOME people are panic buying.

IT'S WRONG!!!

I hope the irony of your screen name along with your communist comments has not escaped you. Market price is market price. Deal with it. If you don't like someone's markup, go somewhere else. If everyone is marking up about the same, then that's the price the efficient markets have settled on.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Market price is market price for the spot prices from distributors too. And depending on the price point of the item , and 25 or 30% markup from wholesale for a stocking dealer is not unreasonable.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I think that particular 850 dollar 870 is always around that cost. To me, I would buy two lower end 870s for that price since I think a higher end 870 with the aftermarket stocks and ghost ring sights don't make the platform worth more, or any better. We all can add all that stuff and replace a few mim parts ourselves

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I hope the irony of your screen name along with your communist comments has not escaped you. Market price is market price. Deal with it. If you don't like someone's markup, go somewhere else. If everyone is marking up about the same, then that's the price the efficient markets have settled on.

Capitalism equals making money.

Capitalism does not equal greed.

And I have a generator, so I NEED to buy a generator when a storm/crisis hits. And I don't care if some guy makes money on generators during a storm.

MOM would never allow these "Mark-Ups" on generators during an "Emergency" and MOM should not allow mark-ups on Guns and Ammo (magazine plug) during these difficult times.

I do, however, NEED to buy ammunition and I don't want to pay "Jacked-Up" prices for it.

So if you're going to call me names, get it right.

I'm not a Communist.

I'm a Hypocrite.

And what's going down right now would make MOM a Hypocrite too.

drking2

Ultimate Member
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carroll County
    This was starting in another thread a a buncha pages back in the rambling thread.

The point is NOT wether or not I have my prints already somewhere else. I am routinely reprinted , and routinely reinvestagated already. But I have a choice about my employment and my profession. The issue is that of requiring fingerprinting , and Gov't permission in the form of Licensing to exercise a Fundamental Constitutional Right.

By compling we grant a Win to not just MOM , but to the forces of Oppressive Stateism generally. By compling we are agreeing that Rights aren't really Rights at all , but just privledges that the State ( large sense , not just PRM ) may or may not extend to us at their discression.

I never thought about this like this, you are correct

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I think that particular 850 dollar 870 is always around that cost. To me, I would buy two lower end 870s for that price since I think a higher end 870 with the aftermarket stocks and ghost ring sights don't make the platform worth more, or any better. We all can add all that stuff and replace a few mim parts ourselves

YES! All of that, what I like to call, CRAP does not belong on a shotgun. Or any other firearm for that matter.

Everyone has come down with a really bad case of Gadgetitus lately and the gun makers know this. SAD!

A shotgun is a No-Nonsense tool and they are at their best when not covered in several layers of BLACK PLASTIC CRAP.

All of that other CRAP is just more CRAP to malfunction or break or not work when you need the CRAP.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Capitalism equals making money.

Capitalism does not equal greed.

And I have a generator, so I NEED to buy a generator when a storm/crisis hits. And I don't care if some guy makes money on generators during a storm.

MOM would never allow these "Mark-Ups" on generators during an "Emergency" and MOM should not allow mark-ups on Guns and Ammo (magazine plug) during these difficult times.

I do, however, NEED to buy ammunition and I don't want to pay "Jacked-Up" prices for it.

So if you're going to call me names, get it right.

I'm not a Communist.

I'm a Hypocrite.

And what's going down right now would make MOM a Hypocrite too.

Capitalism... To quote Inigo Montoya, "I do not think that word means what you think it means."

So you're saying "screw efficient market theory... the government should set prices so people don't have to pay high prices when the laws of supply and demand dictate high prices (and make too much money)." :sad20: Tell me that is working out in Venezuela these days. Rumor has it that government pricing below market has forced all the toilet paper out of the stores and onto the black market... literally! Toilet paper is only available from black marketeers! LOL.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Capitalism... To quote Inigo Montoya, "I do not think that word means what you think it means."

So you're saying "screw efficient market theory... the government should set prices so people don't have to pay high prices when the laws of supply and demand dictate high prices (and make too much money)." :sad20: Tell me that is working out in Venezuela these days. Rumor has it that government pricing below market has forced all the toilet paper out of the stores and onto the black market... literally! Toilet paper is only available from black marketeers! LOL.

Now we have CRAP and TOILET PAPER.

How fitting.

Like Peas and Carrots.

Ying and Yang.

OR

And to quote another great movie. "I say it before and I'll said it again".

Like Ammunition and Jacked-Up prices.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    High prices don't bother me to much except a laugh.

We went to several gun shows during the 2013 panic, mostly in PA but a few in MD. I get tired of seeing "get your black rifle before they ban them," especially in PA. Flocks of first timers running around the tables at shows buying ARs just because.

Dealers handing people rifles who are first timers. "Yeah man this is what you need, mag goes in there, rack that,.elbows in." Then cash and credit cards start flying out of wallets. LOL

During the panic, some dealer bragged to us at a show about how much he was selling AR stuff for and the hordes of spenders, regardless of price. I thought he spewing BS.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    High prices don't bother me to much except a laugh.

We went to several gun shows during the 2013 panic, mostly in PA but a few in MD. I get tired of seeing "get your black rifle before they ban them," especially in PA. Flocks of first timers running around the tables at shows buying ARs just because.

Dealers handing people rifles who are first timers. "Yeah man this is what you need, mag goes in there, rack that,.elbows in." Then cash and credit cards start flying out of wallets. LOL

During the panic, some dealer bragged to us at a show about how much he was selling AR stuff for and the hordes of spenders, regardless of price. I thought he spewing BS.

And to quote ANOTHER great movie.

"Their the kind of people who would F*** A Guy In The A** and not even have the common decency to give him a Reach-Around".

R. Lee Ermey---Full Metal Jacket

P.S. My local FFL has generic (not to be confused with generator), STRIPPED AR 15 lowers at $425.00 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom