• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    That gets a YUP!!! and a TRU-DAT!!! too.

In 20 years, gun owners will be lower than pond scum.

And my 1973-350/350 Nova rocked with Cherry Bomb Glass Packs.

It even had a hole in the floor board to get rid of empty beer bottles and cans.

Them be the good ol'e days.

Hawaii-1981-83

Go NAVY!!!

Yep, drove a loud 68 Camaro myself! If you got caught with the beer, the worst that would happen is they would just take it away or pour it out in front of you.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Well maybe the new law isn't so bad after all it will make me save up a bit and start looking at the higher priced pieces to add to my collection.

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    Ok Guys and Ladies , here's another point. It's not even particularily about *US* , and wether or not , amd what we continue to buy. Sure a certain percentage of already Gun People will do almost anything to continue their intrest/ hobby. And "they" know that a certain number of us are already amply equiped with (handguns & cosmetically evil rifles ) . A population that is heavily Middle Aged Guys. 20-30 years from now a whole lot of us will be geezers , retired to the sunbelt , or dead. Meanwhile people coming of age will be heavily discouraged by the initial hassle , expense , and major delays to ever get that first/ only handgun. In a generation from now handgun purchase licenses will be about as common in the population as General Aviation Licenses, and handgun purchasing will be either not on the radar of the public , or frowned upon.

A generation or generation and a half ago people thought the gov't could F' themselves if they tried to say you couldn't drive , with no seatbelt , smoking a Marlboro , and drinking a cold beer ( while below DUI levels ), with glasspack mufflers and spring shackles. And now the norms are that a person doing any of those is worse than a burglar , and nearly as anti-social as a child molester.

Right on, Right on! All of this is about the creeping incremental-ism of the Left. These people have been merrily trampling on the constitution and destroying America from within since the '60's and beyond, but that's when it kicks in for me;) We must all do our part to roll stop this. I would doubt that we can roll it back to Marlboros in bars, but I do so long for loud exhaust and cold beer doo-dad radiators (kidding). Debunking the ideas of the left and educating our young people properly should be our highest priority.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    You seemed so sure a minute ago.

Now you're asking questions?

was talking about current laws earlier.. which I don't think will change since its controlled by the feds. also.. I remember reading that curio and relics where excempt with the new law.. just not 100% sure with my degrading memory. :o

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Buy multiple AK parts kits and organize a build party!!

Maryland is getting my middle finger salute come this fall anyway. They won't be getting any of my tax money anymore.

Pretty sure that is illegal as well. “Assault weapons” are not allowed to be manufactured in the state by anyone.

I agree with others here. All my future bullets, magazines, guns, etc will be purchased online. Local dealers are price gouging like crazy and don’t deserve my business when I can get stuff for half the price on gunbroker. I actually just buy everything I can online now. Been avoiding the MD sales tax for years though that will sadly end soon with the new “fair tax” law getting pushed through congress.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    last time I've checked.. no.. since you are are a licensed ffl. (as long the mag capacity is less than 10rds.)

(somebody may correct me on this).

You seemed so sure a minute ago.

Now you're asking questions?

was talking about current laws earlier.. which I don't think will change since its controlled by the feds. also.. I remember reading that curio and relics where excempt with the new law.. just not 100% sure with my degrading memory. :o

found it.. :P

5–117.1.
    THIS SECTION DOES NOT APPLY TO:
    (1) A LICENSED FIREARMS MANUFACTURER;
    (2) A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER OR PERSON WHO IS RETIRED IN GOOD STANDING FROM SERVICE WITH A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY OF THE UNITED STATES, THE STATE, OR A LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY OF THE STATE; OR
    (3) A MEMBER OR RETIRED MEMBER OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES OR, OR THE NATIONAL GUARD, OR THE MARYLAND DEFENSE FORCE; OR
    (4) A PERSON PURCHASING, RENTING, OR RECEIVING AN ANTIQUE, CURIO, OR RELIC FIREARM, AS DEFINED IN FEDERAL LAW OR IN DETERMINATIONS PUBLISHED BY THE BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS AND EXPLOSIVES.
    pg 26 of the ch_427_sb0281e.pdf downloaded from md general assembly site.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The local FFL's have jacked the prices up on EVERYTHING and you want to support them???

And the same rape is taking place on ammo too. They are taking advantage of the situation and hurting gun owners. The same gun owners that have supported their businesses for DECADES.

You support the local FFL's. I say SCREW THEM!!!

I'm buying out of STATE.

Not all of the FFLs are raising prices. On guns or ammo.

So support the ones that are not gouging.

But realize, that distributors have raised prices to the dealers also.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Not chewing your head off. I'm not that kind of person.

I'M MAD AS HELL. AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

Here's the 411

It costs nothing extra for a Manufacturer to produce a firearm and sell it to a Distributor.

So it costs nothing extra for a Distributor to buy a firearm and sell it to a Dealer.

But it does take an ASS**LE of a Dealer to jack-up the prices and blame it on the Distributor.

We are talking about production line guns here.

We are not talking about an untouched, unturned, original, first model, 1873 Colt's revolver.

It is called supply and demand. The same as with gas prices going up every summer as people go on vacation.

It is the way of business. And distributors ARE raising prices to dealers. And possibly even some manufacturers.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Not all of the FFLs are raising prices. On guns or ammo.

So support the ones that are not gouging.

But realize, that distributors have raised prices to the dealers also.

Distributor bumps 3 percent. Then the Dealer bumps 30 percent.

Kind of like an 8 day wait turning into an 80 day wait.

I thought the Metric System was supposed to be in Europe.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Ok Guys and Ladies , here's another point. It's not even particularily about *US* , and wether or not , amd what we continue to buy. Sure a certain percentage of already Gun People will do almost anything to continue their intrest/ hobby. And "they" know that a certain number of us are already amply equiped with (handguns & cosmetically evil rifles ) . A population that is heavily Middle Aged Guys. 20-30 years from now a whole lot of us will be geezers , retired to the sunbelt , or dead. Meanwhile people coming of age will be heavily discouraged by the initial hassle , expense , and major delays to ever get that first/ only handgun. In a generation from now handgun purchase licenses will be about as common in the population as General Aviation Licenses, and handgun purchasing will be either not on the radar of the public , or frowned upon.

A generation or generation and a half ago people thought the gov't could F' themselves if they tried to say you couldn't drive , with no seatbelt , smoking a Marlboro , and drinking a cold beer ( while below DUI levels ), with glasspack mufflers and spring shackles. And now the norms are that a person doing any of those is worse than a burglar , and nearly as anti-social as a child molester.

If this particular post is around and is read 30 years from now? SOMEBODY is going to read this, and note in looking back that these thoughts were a PROPHECY in the year 2013! Because this is EXACTLY where we're heading if we can't figure out a way to get this ******** reversed!

For me personally, the day I have been fingerprinted and "licensed" to buy a handgun? I've now given my tacit approval to today's "new order" described above. The goal of today's "new order" is tomorrow's no longer questioned "New Normal". This SB281 process serves to usurp and reduce the RIGHT of Constitutionally guaranteed firearms ownership to the status of a state extended privilege. Sorry.......Ain't Happening.

You think these people are stupid? Respectfully folks, think again. For firearms owners generally, we'd better figure out a way to get our arms around the "US" problem.

Hunters don't see government touching their rifles and shotguns presently, so if I'm strictly a hunter, it's somehow not about "US".

My friends and I aren't AR-15 guys or handgun guys. So it's somehow not about "US".

I won't buy after October 1st. I'll have everything I'll ever need by October 1st. So I'll be sure to have covered "ME". "US" however......well.......

I'll buy after October 1st. Otherwise, "THEY win", and not "US".

Voting? Hell, that's a waste of time for many of "US". Duly noted by the Maryland General Assembly, and sadly even by those comparatively few legislators defending the interests of "US".

Our Industry Partners will suffer? Yeah, a valid concern.

Christ, here's a question and a concern. And one that I would think would matter to all of "US". What about our kids? Left unchecked, and with a progressively trampled upon Constitution in place of the real one? A new order of state deemed privileges in place of rights? Please allow me to add my own prophecy to the one made above for ALL OF "US".

All of us don't know what suffering is. YET!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Like I've said time and time again. SB281 is just the first salvo.

They must take our firearms slowly so there won't be Revolution.

This may take them 20 years, but at some point we won't have anything to fight a Revolution with.

Without the 2A, the other A's are worthless.

And they know that.

Banana Republic here we come.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Many of you are missing what I believe to be the most troublesome aspect of the fingerprinting... At least two Supreme Court cases have held that the government can't compel you to give your fingerprints without at least probable cause to believe that you committed a crime. The Supreme Court has also held that we have a right to possess a handgun. Essentially, this new MD law says that we must pick and choose out rights... we can either have our 4th amendment rights or our 2nd amendment rights, but not both.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Like I've said time and time again. SB281 is just the first salvo.

They must take our firearms slowly so there won't be Revolution.

This may take them 20 years, but at some point we won't have anything to fight a Revolution with.

Without the 2A, the other A's are worthless.

And they know that.

Banana Republic here we come.

You're a little late. SB281 is just part of the barrage that has become ever increasing in frequency since 1934.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I wasn't even a twinge in my Granddaddy's pants in 1934.

My Daddy wasn't even born until 1938.

Can you cut me some slack?

Pretty much the same here. But the fact is gun control started in Md in 1966 and then really got active in the mid to late 80's and has been a yearly issue ever since. SB 281 definitely wasn't the first salvo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom