• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    This was starting in another thread a a buncha pages back in the rambling thread.

The point is NOT wether or not I have my prints already somewhere else. I am routinely reprinted , and routinely reinvestagated already. But I have a choice about my employment and my profession. The issue is that of requiring fingerprinting , and Gov't permission in the form of Licensing to exercise a Fundamental Constitutional Right.

By compling we grant a Win to not just MOM , but to the forces of Oppressive Stateism generally. By compling we are agreeing that Rights aren't really Rights at all , but just privledges that the State ( large sense , not just PRM ) may or may not extend to us at their discression.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Completely agree....Voter registration should have the same requirements under the 14th amendment!

It's just as consequential... We wouldn't be at this point of infringement if it wasn't.

And I am tired of this comparison to driving, in fact, there is no requirement to have a background check or be fingerprinted to buy a car, much less to get a drivers license. And driving is a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT. Again, there are plenty of scenarios where a mass killing could be committed by a driver/car. There isn't even a 10 gallon limit on cars.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I refuse to comply. I plan to sue if NRA or similar fails to act in a timely manner come October 1st, regardless of what it costs me. It's a matter of principle and I enjoy being a royal PITA when it comes to defending and protecting my enumerated God-given natural rights.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Meaning what? Move or else volunteer to be Bubba's girlfriend in the pokey?

Article 1. That all Government of right originates from the People, is founded in compact only, and instituted solely for the good of the whole; and they have, at all times, the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their Form of Government in such manner as they may deem expedient.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    The other thing about the drivers license issue is that I can drive around our farm FOREVER and NEVER need a drivers permit UNLESS I want to drive on a public road. Why do they not understand this? Nevermind, they're morons.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Ab_Normal, MOM and crew will be more than happy to pair you with Bubba and his special friends as you go lone wolf, ignore law, and pound your chest. Think before doing something stupid that will follow you around for a lifetime.

Bobby Mercer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 14, 2013
    I hear people say, " I will not comply! " Does this mean you are moving out of Maryland, or you are never buying or transferring a regulated firearm after 10/01/13? If you stay in Maryland, or buy or transfer a regulated firearm after 10/01/13 you will have to comply.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I'll still be buying after the 1st so I've got no choice, but to get fingerprinted......BUT..... If we win the court fight and this crap is deemed unconstitutional (as it should be), I hope the class action suit to refund the fee's we had to pay follows :)

twan

Oct 30, 2009
    Owings Mills, MD
    I have a question. How about when you give fingerprints for a ccw (Utah or fl or where ever)? What's the argument against that when many say that's a right also? So whats the difference between buying a gun which you say is a right & ccw which some also say is a right? What say you.

Bobby Mercer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 14, 2013
    I have a question. How about when you give fingerprints for a ccw (Utah or fl or where ever)? What's the argument against that when many say that's a right also? So whats the difference between buying a gun which you say is a right & ccw which some also say is a right? What say you.

We seem to use the " rights " argument when it is convenient to us. You are correct that people happily submit fingerprints and background checks when applying for a CCW because the ends justifies the means. We get to strap a gun on us and walk down the street with it. The one thing we have to remember is any right can be restricted in the guise of public safety.

I want to know why our police officers in the state of Maryland need firearms. Who are they afraid of? Oh, that's right! They need protection from bad guys with guns. Well so do we, the law abiding citizen.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Completely agree....Voter registration should have the same requirements under the 14th amendment!

It's just as consequential... We wouldn't be at this point of infringement if it wasn't.

And I am tired of this comparison to driving, in fact, there is no requirement to have a background check or be fingerprinted to buy a car, much less to get a drivers license. And driving is a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT. Again, there are plenty of scenarios where a mass killing could be committed by a driver/car. There isn't even a 10 gallon limit on cars.

The comparison to driving doesn't hold up either. You can have hundreds of unregistered cars and drive them all you want on private property and tracks without a state issued license.
    Now a carry permit like a license to drive on public roads is a separate issue entirely.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    I hear people say, " I will not comply! " Does this mean you are moving out of Maryland, or you are never buying or transferring a regulated firearm after 10/01/13? If you stay in Maryland, or buy or transfer a regulated firearm after 10/01/13 you will have to comply.

I will not buy, sell or transfer any firearm in this state after Oct 1 if it means that I must comply with their tyrannical measures. If I can still buy a rifle to augment my fledgling WW2 battle rifle collection, so be it, but if I cannot I will wait until such time as the courts decide Maryland is wrong or I can move.

<picard voice>
    THIS FAR AND NO FARTHER!
    </picard voice>

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Refusal to be fingerprinted is perfectly fine with MOM, he doesn't want you to buy any more handguns and would love to see a few more local FFLs go out of business as a result.

I'm not planning on getting a handgun license. I refuse to on principle. But "I will not comply" is not a victory of any sort.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    That's right Boys and Girls. No buying of regulated firearms after 10-1.

PERIOD!

At the present time, I have all the toys I need.

Not one more penny will go to the STATE of Notsomerrylandistan in the way of things that go Bang, Boom, or Kapow.

No Fingerprinting fees.

No Training fees.

No License fees.

The ONLY fees I will incure after 10-1 are shipping fees.

If I want Non-Regulated Long Guns and Ammunition, I will buy out of STATE.

If I need Shooting Supplies, I will buy out of STATE.

If I need Hunting Gear, I will buy out of STATE.

We are not Circus Bears and we should refuse having our asses burned by the hoops of fire they are joyfully making us jump threw.

We must STOP giving this STATE our money.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    This was starting in another thread a a buncha pages back in the rambling thread.

The point is NOT wether or not I have my prints already somewhere else. I am routinely reprinted , and routinely reinvestagated already. But I have a choice about my employment and my profession. The issue is that of requiring fingerprinting , and Gov't permission in the form of Licensing to exercise a Fundamental Constitutional Right.

By compling we grant a Win to not just MOM , but to the forces of Oppressive Stateism generally. By compling we are agreeing that Rights aren't really Rights at all , but just privledges that the State ( large sense , not just PRM ) may or may not extend to us at their discression.

Agreed.

Was there even any evidence whatsoever to support fingerprinting, other than Frosh's sweeping statements about its usefulness, allegedly based on Bloomberg's bought and paid for study as presented by DeMarco?

I have a funny feeling that this "evidence" was fabricated as justification to dissuade, demean, and discourage law-abiding citizens from exercising their rights. Like poll taxes, voter i.d.'s, and everything else that the left objects to when it's their issue that's on the table.

p.s. It's "complying." fyi

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    That's right Boys and Girls. No buying of regulated firearms after 10-1.

PERIOD!

At the present time, I have all the toys I need.

Not one more penny will go to the STATE of Notsomerrylandistan in the way of things that go Bang, Boom, or Kapow.

No Fingerprinting fees.

No Training fees.

No License fees.

The ONLY fees I will incure after 10-1 are shipping fees.

If I want Non-Regulated Long Guns and Ammunition, I will buy out of STATE.

If I need Shooting Supplies, I will buy out of STATE.

If I need Hunting Gear, I will buy out of STATE.

We are not Circus Bears and we should refuse having our asses burned by the hoops of fire they are joyfully making us jump threw.

We must STOP giving this STATE our money.

At the same time, we do need to try to find ways to help keep the ffl's and industry alive here -- unregulated purchases, ammo, accessories, etc. -- while this winds its way through the courts and we work diligently for political change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom