• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wjt1169

rightsideangle01.jpg

80thdiv313fa

Jul 8, 2009
    Maine
    Very nice, just about the same build I want to do. Only 2 things Im going to different are 11.5 barrel and I may remove the front site for a flip up.

Thanks man! I am currently working on a 11.5" build myself. Now I am just waiting for that damn form 1 to come back approved so I can order the upper.

Andras

Aug 12, 2008
    Charles Co.
    LOL, what was old is new again. I got an email from someone on arfcom wondering what pistol grip was on a rifle I posted a picture of.

It was a stock A2 grip that came with the LPK.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    Put this together last week.

14.5" Bushmaster 1:7 barrel w/YHM extended FH perm attatched
    SI Defense lower
    YHM upper receiver
    Rock River FA bolt carrier w/Colt bolt
    Bushmaster carry handle
    Rock River LPK
    Magpul MOE stock set and grip
    Stubby foregrip by some dude on arfcom who makes them out of Delrin. Perfect for indexing.

This one will stay simple just the way you see it. It is light as hell.

008-2.jpg

11.jpg

007-3.jpg

crfakm, thanks for posting these pics. I thought the moe handguards looked cheesy and never considered them until I saw your pics. That's a nice lookin' rifle and I'm gonna do something similar for one of my builds.:D

redduck21502

Oct 19, 2007
    Cumberland, MD
    crfakm, thanks for posting these pics. I thought the moe handguards looked cheesy and never considered them until I saw your pics. That's a nice lookin' rifle and I'm gonna do something similar for one of my builds.:D

I thought they looked funny too, but decided to bite the bullet and pic some up and I really like them.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    My ARFCOM lower build with Magpul MOE furniture, Del-Ton Lightweight upper and Geissele SSA Trigger.

arfcom_014_-_copy.jpg

arfcom_015_-_copy.jpg

arfcom_003.jpg

arfcom_007.jpg

Yeah, I'm going to do the FDE like yours, no optic and the afg. That's a nice lookin' weapon. I'm actually more excited about this than the other builds. Kinda cool to build something simple again.

6-Speed

Mar 9, 2009
    MD
    New pics of mine, I ordered UDE mags from Larue and I think they sent the wrong ones...They look too green to me. Oh well, I may order more and Karma the other 2...

Attachments

• 2010-03-07 09.16.51.jpg
      2010-03-07 09.16.51.jpg
      135.9 KB · Views: 851

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    You can buy a cmmg bargin bin for 600 or you can build a BCM/MOE/aero lr/cmmg lpk for around 875. And of course the sky is the limit.
    And as triple bravo said, how is that ssa trigger?

crfakm4

hotel z71
    Jun 8, 2008
    MD
    crfakm, thanks for posting these pics. I thought the moe handguards looked cheesy and never considered them until I saw your pics. That's a nice lookin' rifle and I'm gonna do something similar for one of my builds.

Thanks, I think it turned out pretty nice. I too was a little skeptical about the MOE guards but these actually lock up nice and tight. Also since my other AR's are all black I wanted to change it up a bit. I fired it for the first time the other day and it handles beautifully. The gas system feels alot better than a carbine length on a 16" barrel, the recoil is more of a push than a sharp feeling.

redduck21502

Oct 19, 2007
    Cumberland, MD
    How do you like that trigger? Sweet, right?:party29:
    It is way better than stock. The SSA is supposed to be like 5lbs, right? I guess with the 1st stage taking half that, it sure doesn't feel like 5lbs. Every once in awhile I will dry fire it and forget it is 2 stages and just click through like it was nothing. Then I remember to use the takeup on the 1st stage and hold it at the break to pull the trigger. I love that it barely moves for stage 1, maybe 1/8" of movement just by the way it feels; could be shorter if I measured it. I need to get one for my one of my other rifles that I got a Nikon Prostaff scope for today. I didn't even notice the G on it until I saw the pic I took, that's pretty neat.

hdgglock19

hdgglock19
    Jan 3, 2010
    havre de grace
    lookin for some feed back on the stag arms ar model 2t. see one online for 1000. should i build my own or is that a good price for what it comes with? Thanks guys, bear with me i new to the rifle stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom